Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Flowers and a Butterfly

Good day to you all - it is lovely to have you visit again.


I managed some time in the studio yesterday - as a break from gardening, now the spring has finally arrived - and I reverted to conventional stamps again - in particular my Layers of Color stamps, which I have sorely neglected recently.


This first one was an experiment with a non-conventional shape - I used my largest scalloped oval Nestie for the base, and then layered onto that two plain ovals, in the two largest sizes I have.  The smaller of the two I sponged before removing the die, and then stamped it using an Acanthus leaf which was painted with twinkling H2O paints.  
The flowers were from the Nature Walk set and stamped onto another piece of card stock, painted, cut out and then layered onto the oval and a chocolate brown pearl was added to the centre.

I assembled the whole, adding a small bow as a feature. I then creased the top of a large (matching) scalloped oval and glued the two together using the top section above the crease. I discovered that when you cut and layer two scalloped ovals, you cannot flip one over and have them line up!!  


The second card I went with a conventional shape, but used some background card that I made some time ago using the 'spray and smash' technique.  I mounted the two pieces on different coloured card stock.  


The butterfly, from the Joyful Noise set,  was stamped on another
piece of card, gold embossed and painted with twinkling H2O's - I love those paints!! I chose  colours that contrasted with the background to make it a real feature of the card.


I assembled the card, adding ribbon on three corners of the layers, including a tiny bow in one corner.


There were frosted green pearls added to two corners, and the sentiment was gold embossed, but was quite discreet so that it does not take the eye away from the butterfly.  Finally I added a rhinestone 'trail' to the butterfly.
Two totally different cards but I was pleased with them both.


Thank for calling by, and I treasure the comments you leave.


May your day be blessed.

2 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Wow Maxine - you have been a busy stamper! Love the way you have used the Layers of Color images on both cards - you have certainly lived up to the nme - with layers of color! Love the techniques and that gorgeous embossed butterfly! Thanks for shairng Maxine!! {{{hugs}}}
Linda LOC Design Team

Jennie said...

Just beautiful Maxine! Lovely job with the Nature Walk design, nice way of layering the flowers. Just love the embossed butterfly, really pops right off the card. You have inspired me to try something new as soon as I get home from vacation. :o)