Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Girly Grunge

Welcome again - yes I am on a roll with the card making at the moment.
I saw a card the other day that intrigued me, and the technique was called 
Girly Grunge.
 I am not a great fan of grunge - it seems a bit on the 'dark side' for my taste, so this variation sparked my interest.


I crumpled a piece of paper from an old book I had purpose bought from a charity store, and rubbed my Tea Stain distress ink over it, then tore it to the size I wanted and stained the edges and adhered it.


Some time ago I downloaded this image from Kim's blog (here) where she has a page of steampunk type freebies.  I printed it onto vellum and then clear embossed it.


The butterfly was an interesting one to apply as only the outside was glued together and I had to place the centre rhinestones individually.

The ribbon was 'gathered' onto a strip of glue tape, and the Happy
Birthday sentiment by Hero Arts was embossed in silver onto the torn and sponged violet card. The buttons were adhered with glue dots, and all edges distressed and sponged with violet ink.

I am linking this to:
(Old the Hero Arts stamp is one of my oldest, the steampunk image, frist time I have used that genre)

Thanks for calling in - may your day be blessed

9 comments:

Holly Young said...

such cool elements on this! Love the ruffled ribbon on the side. Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

Becky said...

Wonderful creation Maxine, I love how you did that clock.

Kary said...

Very cute! Love the light grunge, and the butterfly bling is gorgeous.

Amy said...

This is a different style for you, Maxine. Did you like it enough to use it again?
Amy

Stempelkobold said...

Wonderful card. Thank you for playing along with us this week at the Crazy Challenge! Good luck, Dominique

bumblebee creations said...

thanks for playing along with Squigglefly this week! Great card--love the antique look!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Great grunge card! Love the clock & butterfly. Thanks for joining us at the Victorine Originals Blog challenge!

Lauren said...

Such a cute card! So many wonderful details! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

Lauren

Steph said...

Love all the different tactile elements on this. V unusual! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes, hope to see you again next time! x