Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Lace and Layers

A warm welcome to you all - thank you for visiting.  

I had time to 'play' with my new Layers of Color stamps the other day and this is the result.


I started by creating the background using the 'ink, spray, smash' technique. The instructions are on the Layers of Color blog.  



I then stamped over this using the border stamp from the Lovely Lace set of stamps, and gold embossed it.


The dress form was stamped on a scrap of paper from the Fairy Flora pad. This was mounted on some novelty 'ribbon' I had on hand.


The scripture stamp in the set was stamped and gold embossed.


The doily from the set was stamped in versamark ink to give a watermark effect.

The card was assembled with a gold ribbon ribbon and some rhinestones to finish.

I am linking this to:


Thanks for calling by - may your day be blessed.


Recipe:
Stamps: Layers of Color Lovely Lace
Inks: Clear embossing and Versamark
Paper: glossy white, orange, Prima Fairy Flora 6x6 stack
Accessories: Gold ribbon, rhinestones, fancy ribbon

7 comments:

Bridget Larsen said...

Absolutely stunning Maxine, well done. Its desk time again!! Where's yours???

Lovely Linda said...

Wow Maxine - this is great! I love the gold embossing and that stamped lace border - it is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! {{{hugs}}}

Sassy Scrapper said...

Oh my dear this is absolutely breathtaking!!!!! That border lace and scripture are soooooo BEAUTIFUL! Fabulous job hun!!! Your coloring is gorgeous, GREAT JOB.
Hugs Bonnie

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! What a fascinating, elegant, creative, and beautiful card.

Unknown said...

Absolutely STUNNING!!! I love this Maxine. It is beautiful : ) xx

Amy said...

Such a beautiful Scripture. I think I like the dress better in black though (in the other card)...but it is such a pretty dress!

Kary said...

Hi Maxine, this is a beautiful card!! That stamp set is lovely isn't it. Love the card!!