Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Card for a Friend.


Welcome, and thank you for visiting again

I wanted to make a card of encouragement for a friend who was taking a step of faith, and this is the result.




I started off with the main image, which I had downloaded from Karen Murray's blog PaperCraft Memories, from her WORDart series.


I sponged the edges with gray in and mounted it onto gray card stock, and then tied some bakers twine across the bottom - some of my stash from a shopping spree at SENZ (Stamp Expo New Zealand) last week.


This was mounted onto a base which had been decorated with some dp, and then I added some perfect pearls (more stash)


The final touch was this rose which was in a RAK from Sue McMahon of McMahon Five Design.com when I was on her DT.

I am linking this to:

Thanks for visiting - may your day be blessed.

Card recipe:
Card: Grey
Stamp: digi from Papercraft Memories
Ink: vivid Cobblestone
Accessories: Prima rose, Prima dp, Romantique, bakers twine.

13 comments:

Dawn T said...

delightful card Maxine. The images are delightful too... thanks for the link.

SAHLERS said...

lovely card thanks for joining in at divas by design -sheryl-

Karen Letchworth said...

Maxine: This is absolutely beautiful. I also love the verse. It's not always easy to "commit thy way to the Lord, and trust in Him". Sometimes, we try to do things our own way and our faith falters. This is when we learn just how much we really need Him. Thanks for reminding me of this beautiful truth from His Word. It's such a blessing being part of Word Art Wednesday where I am also blessed through the art people share, and I pray that you all are blessed as you create and share it. Thanks for participating with us. You are apprecied SO MUCH for this, and for sharing from your heart. I just prayed for you, and I really look forward to seeing more of your beautiful art!! Thanks for creating beause He created you to be creative!
Hugs and blessings to you,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday


www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Margaret said...

Such a beautiful card. Love the sentiment you used. The colors are so soft and pretty and I love that rose. Gorgeous. Thanks for playing with us at Perfect Sentiment.

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

This is adorable and the sentiment so rich and lovely! Thank you for playing with us at MAWTT this week :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is just beautiful! I love the wonderful verse and the soft pretty background. Love the gorgeous flower! I think you have found a fabulous new style Maxine!!!

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful card - so pretty
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this fortnight and Diva's
Lisa x

Sue B said...

Aww! this is really sweet Maxine! the sentiment is perfect encouragement for your friend! Love the papers and embellishments.. so pretty!!
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and Good Luck in the Challenge!
Hugs Sue xx

Marlena M. said...

This is a beautiful piece! Thank you so much for sharing it at Word Art Wednesday!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

So pretty and such a special gift of encouragement!

Unknown said...

Such a stunning card Maxine! I am sure this will be very well received and a great encouragment for the recipient. Luv, Trish x

Sandra's Inspirational Spot said...

Beautiful Encouragement card!

Shannah said...

What a beautiful card Maxine! I love how soft and pretty it is, and I'm sure your friend loved it! Looks like you picked up some yummy goodies at the Expo too ;)
Hugs, Shannah xox