Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Boy's Card and an Award

Welcome
This card is for a three year old boy, and what boy does not love vehicles, particularly large vehicles!?


I started with some silver tape - unfortunately a cheap variety, and it tore easily and did not peel off the roll that well, but I persisted and covered the base layer, then embossed it with a cuttlebug folder. 


I had to do  'double run' as the folder did not go right down the piece - then I discovered that I had in effect de-bossed the panel - oops :-)


I stamped the images from Flonzcraft in cocoa ink,  fussy cut them, and then made a sentiment banner, embossing the wording, and then mounted it over the corrugated card  with brads for more texture.

I am linking this to:


The other day I was honoured by Shelly at My Creative Rumblings with the Liebster Award.  Shelly is a wonderful artist, and it is worth a visit to her blog to see some of her wonderful work.



Here are the rules of the nomination:
  1. Be sure to thank the blog that nominated you and be sure to link back to their blog.
  2. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger asked you.
  3. Nominate 11 of your favorite blogs with under 500 followers and ask your own 11 questions.
  4. Make sure to let each blogger know about your Liebster Blog nomination on their blog (leave a comment and link back to your Liebster Blog post).
These are the questions Shelly asked:

1)Why did you start Blogging?
Because my daughter told me it was easy – which it is – time consuming, but easy! I also ws following other blogs and liked the concept of blogging my craft(s)

2) Where do you get your inspiration for your projects?
Often from knowing for whom I am making the card, through looking at other cards, and having a deadline gets the mojo flowing.

3) What is your favourite colouring method?
Chalks – fast and effective

4)What time is the best for your creativity?
Sunday afternoon – that is my 'set' studio time

5)Do you like making 3D items?
Yes, but I have not made a lot of them.

6)Describe your typical type of cardmaking- eg CAS, Shabby/Chic.
I am a fairly eclectic card maker, but tend towards CAS....

7)Do you like using rubber or digi images?
I prefer rubber but can do digi with no hassles

8)What other crafts do you do?
Knitting, crochet, bobbin lace, embroidery, sewing, gardening, reading.... but most take second place to card making.

9)If you were the main character in a movie, who would play the role of you?
Don't know as I don't follow who is what in the movies – I am a movie novice.........

10)What makes you Laugh out Loud?
A good cartoon

11)Name three crafting items you could not live without.

Scissors, glue, paper... I could name a few more too!!!

Blogs I am nominating:

Questions to be answered:
What started you crafting, especially paper crafting?
What is your favourite medium for colouring in paper crafting?
Do you use a cutting/embossing machine?
Have you ever taken card making classes?
Where do you craft?
When did you start your blog and why?
Do you have any hobbies/obsessions other than card making?
Where do you live?
Do you love to travel, and where?
What is your favourite TV programme?
What is your ultimate goal in card making?

Thanks for taking the time to read all this 
Any comments you may leave are deeply appreciated
May your day be blessed. 

21 comments:

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Maxine. Thanks for nominating me for the award. I'll have to answer the questions after I get back from holiday in a couple of weeks.

Grace said...

How fun Maxine! I enjoyed reading your answers to these questions and getting to know you a little better!!!
hugs,
Grace

jimlynn said...

Cool way to do that background with the tape!!! Love the card too.
I enjoyed reading your answers!
Lynn

Becky said...

Thanks you Maxine :)

Cynthia said...

Perfect card for a little boy, Maxine. Love the "tire track" embossing with the vehicles.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun card- love the debossing on the card- Oh one little boy will be cherishing this!!! So fun to get to know more about you : ) And, so glad your daughter talked you into blogging : )

Amy said...

What a cool card, Maxine! I love the way the background looks like tyre treads. And I know one boy here who would agree that it is awesome! ;op

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Cute birthday card! I also loved reading your post. Learned some new things about you!

Thanks!

mamapez5 said...

What a clever idea to use the metal tape and emboss it. This is a great card for a young lad.
Thanks for including me in your award list. Please forgive me if I do not respond to it this time. Most of my blogging friends specifically say they do not participate in these so I would struggle to find new nominees, and have not got the time to do it justice right now. But it was nice of you to include me all the same. Kate x

MiamiKel said...

Dazzling card, as always! I do hope your family is getting better :) It was nice to read up on our Maxine! Blessings!

Irish Cherokee said...

Maxine, this is definitely a boys card. Very innovative. He will love it.

Darlene said...

A fantastic card for a boy's birthday! Love that silver de-bossed panel against the red, very smart!

Congratulations on the Liebster Award!! It was fun to read about you and your crafting!

Sylvia said...

Fabulous background and images, thank you for joining us for this month's challenge over at The Crafty Bloggers Network.

Sylv xx
CBN DT

Ger said...

LOVE the background! Great card. Thankyou for joining us at Crafty Bloggers Network
Geraldine M
CBN DT

maureenjscott said...

Fabulous project, thanks for sharing at Love to Create this week! Mo dt x

Unknown said...

Cool card! Thank you for joining our Anything Goes Challenge over at Love to Create this week.
Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

CraftingMum said...

Brilliant card, my son would love this card, Thanks for sharing your card with us at Artistic Inspirations.
Louise x

Libby Hickson said...

Love your darling card Maxine! That embossed background is so clever! And it was nice to learn a little more about you. Thank you for including me.

Lynne K said...

Hi Maxine,

Thank you so much for the nomination, I'm very honoured!

Sadly, though, I'm afraid I'm going to have to decline it, as at present I just don't have the time to comply with all the rules of acceptance. Blogging is having to take a back seat at the moment. I don't feel it would be fair for me to take the award and just answer the questions without passing it on, so I would rather let you nominate someone else in my place.

I really appreciate your thinking of me, though, and thanks again.

Lynne

Unknown said...

cool & cute card, bet he loved it, Thanks for joining Artistic Inspirations & God Luck Pam DT x

Marilyn said...

Perfect 'little guy' card! Now I'm going to read your questions/answers.