Pages

Monday, September 7, 2026

Father's Day - part 1

Welcome

Here Down Under, we observe Father's Day on the first Sunday in September - which was yesterday.
I live with family, and they are masters of the 'last minute rush' , so Saturday afternoon I was asked for cards.... I made two, and this one was for my DD to give to her DH


I had just come across this piece of grey green pearlised card in my stash, so started with that - and embossed it with a very old Creative Memories folder


I decided that deep green would be the card base, and I used snippets of that green from my stash to silver emboss the sentiment and image on - both are freebies from old magazines


I cut the embossed panels with square dies, and then a silver matting layer with a die one size up.  Adhered these to the embossed panel, then when I went to adhere the main panel to the base, decided to add a sliver of silver  behind the opposite corners... 


I added silver polka dot washi tape to the inside panel and also the envelope
DD was very happy with this.  

I am linking this to:

Snippets used were the pieces used for the embossing - from my  box of bits

Thank you for visiting

11 comments:

  1. A great card,, love the fun sentiment.
    Thanks for sharing at We Love Stamping. Avril

    ReplyDelete
  2. Several of my family come from the same camp Maxine, you really came up with a super masculine card for yours. Lovely to see at We Love Stamping (don'r forget to add make of stamps), many thanks for joining us.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Maxine, that is a lovely embossing folder

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am pleased to hear that you managed to come through for them despite the short notice. I do love the background of this one. The embossed pearlised paper looks amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maxine, Oh those requests for last minute cards - just want you want to hear, can I have a card for 10mins time, please! Tho your request has turned into a fab card! Great colour choice as well. Thanks for joining in with us at Sweet Stampin' this fortnight. Sarah - DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A brilliant Father’s Day card using your snippets.
    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you in the treehouse later. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The embossed background looks brilliant! A great male card.
    Lia DT CYHTP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, Maxine. I am sure that the recipient loved it. Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For a last minute request you came up trumps, this is masculine and perfect. Great stamps and background too. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. great masculine card, love that background.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great texture and love that green color. Enbossing is always so nice; gives the card an elegant tuch... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog - may your day be blessed. Any comments you may leave are deeply appreciated. All comments are moderated and spam deleted.

Anonymous comments are not accepted on this blog

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.
Maxine D