Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Bookmarks x4

Welcome

Warning - photo heavy post - I will try to keep words to a minimum. 😀

I belong to a local Embroiderers' Guild, and recently we made a display for our national conference.  The theme for the display was 'A stitch in Time', and as we are a small guild, we chose to make some bookmarks each, in various techniques, and attach them to a background.

These are my contributions


From Right to left...it's just the way the photos loaded...


Canvas work - in soft colours, with silver threads for highlights - they glint beautifully in the light


Both these canvas word bookmarks were designed by myself


Another canvas work - this time using a variegated thread  for one of the colours



White thread on a pricked card - the pattern came as part of a card making kit, but I gave it an alternative use...

\

And last but not least - some bobbin lace


One of my best pieces to date, as I had to let it rest for some years, due to life circumstances - I have picked it up again recently


I hope you have enjoyed this glimpse at some of my other crafty endeavours

Thank you for visiting


5 comments:

  1. What a lovely display of bookmarks, could enter at Tag Along!

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever projects Maxine, the lace is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maxine, these are absolutely stunning! As someone who crossed stitches, I really appreciate needle work. But I can do nothing even close to this. I love how different each bookmark looks. And that bobbin lace bookmark is absolutely exquisite! I have only heard about doing this and have never known anyone who has actually done it. I would love to give it a try sometime. I’m so glad that you have the time now to work on these things. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't done embroidery for many, many years, and I am so impressed with the gorgeous work and designs on each of these beautiful bookmarks. I have to say your bobbin work has to be my favourite, the intricacy of the piece is amazing, and so fine. It's also something I have looked at, and decided not to even try. Fabulous work Maxine. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maxine, your stitchery looks amazing! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog - may your day be blessed. Any comments you may leave are deeply appreciated. All comments are moderated and spam deleted.

Anonymous comments are not accepted on this blog

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.
Maxine D