Pages

▼

Monday, September 28, 2026

Washi, Napkin and Flowers

Welcome

I was waiting for a particular card to arrive to be able to post again this month, as I am still waiting for notification of it's arrival, I will instead post this card!


It was made for a garden lover, but the illustrated panel started life as a napkin


The napkin was adhered to white card, and then the dark coloured strips were added to the existing design using an extremely narrow washi tape.


A simple birthday greeting, embossed using dark blue ep on light blue card. 
A narrow border of gold card was added at the base before it was adhered with foam strips.
This panel was then mounted on a layer of gold card over the dark blue base.
I loved how this turned out, and the recipient enjoyed it too.

I am linking this to:


15 comments:

  1. It's a very pretty feminine card Maxine, a delight for someone to receive on their Birthday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is napkin art at its best! Gorgeous card, Maxine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty card, the blue shades are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that card arrives soon and isn't lost somewhere. I am glad you have shared this one though. It is a beauty. I actually bought some paper napkins recently with a view to use them on Christmas cards. I wonder if that will happen! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really striking & lovely Maxine. I love the narrow washi tape - would not have thought to use that on cards. I love anything flowery & this really appeals to me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks amazing Maxine. The thin dotted washi is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maxine, this card is absolutely gorgeous and brilliant! I've done napkin cards before, and I'm so glad this didn't just get thrown in the trash, but transformed into this lovely card. I love that you've used washi and stamping too. Someone will love getting this for sure! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very pretty Maxine, I love the blues!

    Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts- good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I often used napkins. They can be tricky to use and not tear them. really nice card. I love your design.

    Hugs and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful napkin, which turned into a gorgeous card. Love the blues and the gold. The envelope is gorgeous too. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea to use a napkin for this beautiful card, Maxine!!! Thank you for the inspiration, my friend. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your win at Pammies INky Pinkies - a great project (and in my fave blue!!). CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card with this amazing design ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely design, Maxine. I need to try the napkins technique. Congrats on your win at PIP this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A napkin? You're SO creative. This is gorgeous and amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog - may your day be blessed. Any comments you may leave are deeply appreciated. All comments are moderated and spam deleted.

Anonymous comments are not accepted on this blog

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.
Maxine D