Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Doily Ombre Resist

Welcome

I am afraid I have not been around much as I am having a series of major changes in my life - I am packing up my house to move, and as I am down sizing, I am also purging... all I can say is that it is quite a slow process as I work through what to keep and what to 'purge'. 

This week at Word Art Wednesday we are sponsored by Stix2 Anything and are supplying a wonderful package of top quantity product as the prize this fortnight.

My card started as a piece of card that I had coloured in an ombre sequence with water colour crayons.


I then took a foam stamp that I had made using a doily die cut, and stamped and clear embossed it over the background. 
Next came a generous layer of Chipped Sapphire DI, the embossed image was wiped off, and voila, a fabulous sunrise or sunset impression! 


The colours in the image were echoed in the ribbon and ric rac when I assembled the card


The wonderful scripture was die cut using a MB stitched rectangle die - it is available as a freebie over on the word Art Wednesday site


I finished the inside with the narrow stripe of the inked background 

I am linking this to:




Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Reverse Stenciled leaves

Welcome

I prevented blogger from swallowing my signature this time, but it was another learning curve. 
I guess there are many of us in blog-land on the same trajectory!

At Word Art Wednesday ,  Hello Bluebird, are sponsoring the prize for this new challenge 

My card this week features the wonderful scripture that is available as a freebie on the Word Art Wednesday website, from Psalm 77.



I started with a background of sponged DIs - Spiced Marmalade, Dried Marigold and Peeled Paint, which turned a blue shade over the Dried Marigold... 


The verse was die cut with a Spellbinders oval die, layered over the matching scalloped die, and liberally sponged with Spiced Marmalade


That panel was then stenciled with black ink - an inspiration from Gina K. - using a STAMPlorations stencil. The edges on this panel, and the card base were all run over the Spiced Marmalade ink pad.

The wee flowers are from Rosie's Crafts, and I swiped them with the brush I used in the Spiced Marmalade ink, just to add a touch of colour to the edges of the petals.


I used a trimming from the stenciled panel for the inside

I am linking this to:


 

Friday, August 7, 2020

Masculine Make with A Homemade Stamp

Welcome

I needed a masculine card, and this is the result!



I started by making my stamp, using a very old Cuttlebug die and foam, as per the instructions


I then stamped it over a panel that I had blended DOX inks over, and clear heat embossed.  I then took Chipped Sapphire DI and sponged it over the whole panel until I had a good coverage.
That's when the magic happens, especially once you wipe the excess ink off the embossed area!


After mounting the panel over a light blue base, I added some black pearls and the stamped greeting from a Dark Room Door set.

Monday, August 3, 2020

Swapped Strips

  • Welcome
This card was made for the (N.Z.) swap group I am in, and the challenge was to use the 'strip technique' background that is currently quite popular 


For my background I took a piece I had embossed, using (spritzed) Brushos in the folder - I was not that happy with it, but when I cut it, swapped the pieces around and remounted them, I loved it!


The sentiment was die cut from an unmarked die I was given, in the same card as the base.  I added a layer of Clear Kindy Glitz on it, and when dry, a layer of Glossy Accents.  The photo does not do it justice, as it was very pretty IRL.


The smiley face was another unidentified die, and I also coated it with glossy accents


The flower is an old S.B. die set, cut from snippets, with the layers  held together with a brad - I chose the colours as they are in the background panel.  The greenery is also cut from an old S.B die set, and again cut from snippets


This is a close up of the many colours that appeared on the Brusho's panel.
I decorated the inside using a strip from the side of the Brusho panel, trimmed off before it was cut down into the strips.

I am linking this to: