Monday, April 29, 2019

Butterfly on an Easel

Welcome

I seem to be on a roll making easel cards, and this is one of three I have recently made.
I started with some snippets on my desk - the back ground patterned paper and the red layer.


I then stamped the butterfly (from the Indigo Blue Wild Meadow stamp set) twice onto another snippet of white card, and coloured both the left wings with my PrismaColor pencils, and fussy cut them, including the body and one antenna, then glued one directly onto the paper, and the other one on top adhering it only on the body, and shaping the wing so it sat up slightly.  
I then lavished the butterfly with clear Wink of Stella, and added a rhinestone 'flight path' swirl.


I used a meadow border die cut (cut from a forest green snippet I picked up off the floor) to decorate the edge of the panel, and also lavished it with WoS. 
(The die was a magazine freebie)


Some ribbon, a bow and some rhinestones finished the front panel of the card


The front of the base I added some more red paper, the sentiment which was bronze heat embossed and coloured around after die cutting it, and some ribbon to slide the tag onto, and some more rhinestones.  The molded, dimensional daisies were added with glue dots to prop the easel against. 


I edged the sentiment panel with Memento Ladybug ink, and also carefully inked half the stamp with the same ink and stamped it across the corner, to echo the butterfly on the front of the card.

I am linking this to:


Thursday, April 25, 2019

Lilies with Gold Accents

Welcome,wowed
and a special welcome to my newest follower, Patti, who makes beautiful cards.  If you want to be, 'wowed' pop over to her blog, Stationery Styles and gasp at her work!

I am a ferw hours late with this, thanks to a migraine that assaulted me yesterday...

The wonderful scripture that the Word Art Wednesday DT were given to work with this week was Proverbs 11:25.  I chose to print in a large format as the print is fine 


When I then looked at the size, I decided to use an oval die cut , and tilted it to one side, which means that it over hangs the card edge by a wee bit, but it certainly adds interest to the card


Although the patterned paper is quite a busy pattern, the colour palette was limited, so I decided to go with a dark base card, and accent the gild highlights in it


The die cut was sponged with Delicata Gold ink  before removing the die 


Because the paper was so busy, I kept the embellishments simple by using just the lilies.  i did add the detail of the scalloped border, and below that a strip of gold that matched the foil in the paper, although that does not show here with the reflections.

I am linking this to:


Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Mr Mischief

Welcome

I had fun creating this card for a young boy...

I started by stamping the image from a NBUS Katzelkraft set  Les Rats de Villes 
I stamped the image and greeting in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and clear embossed them.


I then took my Kohinoor watercolour paints and had fun painting the image,  I 'grounded' him with some light brown paint.


I finished the 'floor' with a wee sprinkle of dark brown brushos, activated with a light spray of water. To my eye the resultant spots look as thought he has just gnawed the holes...


I then stamped BOO on the inside of the card, and carefully punched some holes so that the 'o's had the centre taken out of them.
 

I was very pleased how this turned out - I love those rat images, they have such wonderful expressions on their faces!

I am linking this to:



Saturday, April 13, 2019

Sewing Florals

Welcome

Just a quick post this time - and a card that I made recently that I really love!!

I taught this in the class I take this month, using the techniques of framing and masking


It is a simple but very feminine card, using two images from the Chocolate Baroque set
Floral Mannequins, chalks to colour and a few clear rhinestones and some silver cord.


The central image was stamped, and the frame drawn, before the corners were masked and the flowers stamped.


I finished the inside by cutting a lighter weight piece of card a wee bit smaller than the base, edging it with violet ink, and stamping the two flowers off the edge of the corners.

I am linking this to:



Thursday, April 11, 2019

WAW - Stripes and Layers


Welcome

Thanks to my wonderful son in law I am back!! Thank you Luke. 

This weeks Word Art Wednesday post is late due to my computer issues, and I was running very late with making the card also, but I prayed hard and things came together quickly for me.


I had recently bought an Amy Tangerine 6"x6" paper pad, (Sunshine and Good Times) and this sheet jumped out at me as it reminded me of  sun rays! And what better news on Easter Sunday than the news that the Son of God had risen!! 


I die cut the scripture and the gold layer using the Spellbinders Modern stationery dies


Added the organza ribbon and clear rhinestones and called it finished


I detailed the inside with a fish tail banner of sparkly Scotch tape after sponging the edges of the liner with green ink.

I am linking this to:








Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Oh no, Computer Woes

Welcome,

Just a quick note, done from my phone,   to say that my computer and I have parted company as it was not behaving ! It is currently awaiting the ministrations of my very generous,  but busy,  son in law.

I do have a possible 'loan' of an older machine,  but there are unexpected issues with that too! 

I will be back blogging as soon as I can.