Friday, January 18, 2019

Happy Moover!


I have had a 'me' day today and that has included time in the studio (not all of it successful) and time to blog too.

This card was made for a friend who lives on a 'mixed dry stock'  farm - (beef and sheep) but not that long ago moved off a dairy farm, so I knew she would appreciate the image! 

The card base had been prepared some time ago, and then popped in the 'promise box' for future use... The patterned paper is from one of my original purchases when I first started making cards. 

The image and sentiment are from a (NBUS) Artistic Impressions  Udderly Fantastic Set.  I stamped the main image and sentiment using Espresso ink over Versamark, and then clear embossed.  The embossing powder has been polluted with some glitter embossing powder, and the result is rather sparkly!  
The embossed sentiment was die cut with a M/B Stitched Circle die and also sponged with the espresso ink before removing the die. 

I coloured the dancing cow with watercolour pencils (S.U. and some El Cheapos) and then activated with water.   I then winked the skirt and balloons with layers of WoS.   
I gave her some grass to dance on, then fussy cut the image and mounted her on some vellum (to mute the background a wee bit) before adhering her to the card.

I finished the inside of the card with a wee tab of washi tape - as our friendship goes back a long time, I thought the hearts were appropriate. 

I am linking this to:
(Product used, a Memoery Box stitched Circle Die)

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Lace, Thread and Rhinestones

Life is moving way faster than me at the  moment - I keep thinking it will slow down soon, but it never seems to... 

That said, I am back with my DT card for the Word Art Wednesday Challenge!

My starting point was the piece of dp, which had been sitting in my 'promise box' as a snippet for a while, and was crying out to be used.

 I printed out the scripture and die cut it with a S/B die, Labels 10, embossed it, then sponged it with a soft pink ink before removing the die.

I was not happy with the size of the paper snippet, so trimmed it down some more, and then added the lace.  Still not satisfied, I embossed the card base using a S/B Lovely Lattice embossing folder before assembling it all.

I then  had fun adding embellishments, a rhinestone swirl to the top right corner

and to the left of the panel some multicoloured and silver metallic threads, tucked under the edge of the panel. 

I used the trimmings from the patterned paper to decorate the inside, but although I have taken eight photographs of it, the camera was not focusing properly and they were all blurred.

I am linking this to:

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Watery Birthday


Although this card took me way longer than I wanted it too, I love the outcome.

I started by sponging through the stencil in blue ink on the blue card base, moved the stencil marginally, then sponged it with iridescent medium.  I think my impression of water moving worked - the stencil I used is called Waving Branches, and should be used vertically, not horizontally!

I then cut a window using the  Peek a boo window die from MFT, from white cardstock, sized to cover the card front with a small border.  I stamped and silver embossed the fish on a snippet, and then painted it with Iridescent Blue Twinklng H2O paint, which you can just see on the tail flukes.  I created an acetate window, and glued the fish across the bottom of the aperture.

The sentiment was also stamped in blue using a vertical stamp.  All the edges were sponged with the same ink.  I adhered two layers of foam on the back, filled the shaker element with blue and white sequins, and adhered the blue base card over it.

The inside was finished with some blue and silver sparkle tape, and some silver spotted washi.

I am linking this to:

Friday, January 4, 2019

Rhinestones and Ribbon


I do hope you all had a wonderful new year, and new goals for the year are set.  

"I'm late, I'm late for a very important date.." (a quote by White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland), and embarrassingly so, for the first Word Art Wednesday Challenge for the New Year.  
 Hangs head in shame.

The verse we were given is this beautifully presented one, designed by Karen Murray.  I kept the card layout simple to be able to really showcase it to best advantage. 

After trimming the verse (which is available for free download) I sponged it with Memento London Fog ink.  The framing die-cut, from a snippet of card that matches the base,  is one from the lavish layers set  by Divinity Designs .  Because of the balanced border design, I could not adjust  the shape, so offset the scripture and added some clear rhinestones.

I finished the card by mounting the panel, again offset to the left , over an embossed layer of dp, from an old Kaiser Kraft pad, "After Five", and adding the ribbon and bow and a few scattered rhinestones.
I tried to capture the glint of the sun on the rhinestones and failed, and the strong light also dulled the colours a bit - the second photo, taken inside, shows the true colours of the card.

The inside I finished with a wee strip of Washi tape.

 I am linking this to: