Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Multiple Fractures

Welcome

Some time ago I watched a video (which I have never found again, despite hours of searching) on the fractured technique... but the video took it many steps further - this is my result.


The overall premise was that you not just make the one shape, and also that the outlines on all shapes extend to the edges from both ends of each side of the frame... 


I used a simple black and white colour scheme - the paper is from an old Amy Tangerine 6x6 pad called 'Sketchbook'.  
First look, and my granddaughter said 'this makes my eyes bend' - I totally understood what she was saying as the pattern 'jazzed' before our eyes

'
Both the sentiment and image are from a magazine freebie set. stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black 


I didn't get the inside very accurate... but that adds to the uniqueness of the card 
- well that's my story and I am sticking to it :)


I am linking this to:



17 comments:

Dawn T said...

What a great double fractured card

Cynthia said...

Great masculine design, Maxine. I have not tried this technique. It looks very intriguing! Take care!

HilaryJane said...

What a wonderful effect. Love it xx

Julie said...

That is very effective & appealing Maxine - love the monochromatic look of it. It makes my "eyes a bit bendy" too. xx

Gerrina said...

This looks great! Love the only use of black and white and the graphic design! Hugs, Gerrina

EmmaT said...

Fantastic card, very effective although makes my eyes go wobbly too:-) Thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping. Emma

At Home In New Zealand said...

Yes, my eyes were bending too! LOL
Enjoy your day xx

brenda said...

Nicely done, thanks for sharing at WLS, hope to catch up properly soon!

B x

Irish Cherokee said...

These are the kinds of patterns that make TV cameras do funny things. I agree with your granddaughter. I can't stare at this card too long without tearing up. LOL. I do like the card. It is very different.

Hugs and Blessings

Karen Letchworth said...

This is really clever, Maxine. At first glance, I thought it was a die-cut you'd used for the black. When I realized you hand-cut and pieced together that design, I was like....WOW.. What a really awesome design. By the way, thank you so much for sharing this with us at Word Art Wednesday. I always enjoy having you play along. I also appreciate SO MUCH your comments on my blog. You're such a joy to have in my life, and I do pray for God's hand of blessing and protection upon you, my friend.

Irmelin Palmgren said...

What a great card designs. Nice work to creating the pattern. Thanks for joining the challenge at Polkadoodles.

Cinderella said...

Hello Maxine,
Love your card it looks so awsome with the patterns .
Have a great weekend
Hugs and Creativity
Cinderella
XX

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This looks quite intricate and fabulous, a great masculine card, great insert too, it's supposed to be like that Maxine. x

Carole J said...

Beautiful, monochrome, fractured card! Elegant and crisp in design! Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” August Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

Neet said...

Fractured cards seem to be very popular but this one seems more elaborate than the ones I have seen and I love it. I love the black and white and the watch face is perfect for the central image.
Blessings, Neet xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Elegant and fabulous! LOVE this xoxo

Jana Forrest said...

Such a unique card. I must try this technique. thanks for linking up with us over at Crafty Gals. Best of luck, Jana DT