Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2024

Mixed Media Trees.

Welcome

We are starting to see signs of spring - my first daffodil is open, and the others are showing quite a few buds - my planter of daffodils is a great harbinger of spring!

My card started with a panel that I had used to mop up some ink from my glass work surface
The colours were green and brown - TH Distress Mica Sprays Burnt Ember and Tree Lot


I intended to stamp the row of trees from the S.U set Lovely as a Tree across the front of this panel in Versa Clair Pinecone Ink, but.. the image did not stamp too well as the card has a fine linen texture to it, so I diverted to random stamping over the whole panel.


I then stamped and embossed the image onto some kraft paper, cut it using an oval die, coloured under the trees with chalks, and mounted it over the background panel, and added some faux gold stitching to the edges of the oval and card.


The sentiment, and scripture reference, were printed on vellum, then gold embossed


The corrugated card was some I had stripped one of the smooth sides off, then sprayed with the same mica sprays used on the background.  It has an incredible depth of sheen on it IRL.


I finished the inside with a smaller stamp from the set, carefully inked with brown and two shades of green ink, and lightly spritzed with water before stamping to give a watercoloured 'look', and a strip of washi tape


I repeated the stamping and washi tape on the envelope.

The gentleman who received this card appreciated it.

I am linking this to:


21 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, this is wonderful - with the textures, shimmer, and those beautiful trees. Delightful card!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What an amazing card Maxine. Of course the gent loved it. x

MELODY JACOB said...

Your card is stunning! I love how you turned a challenge with the texture into a unique design feature. The use of mica sprays and gold embossing sounds gorgeous, and the added personal touches like the faux gold stitching and washi tape make it truly special. I just posted a new blog post http://www.melodyjacob.com, and I'd love for you to check it out and let me know what you think. Thank you!

Glennis F said...

A lovely result Maxine, that stamp is on my wish list to find

Chrissy said...

Beautiful, fabulous scene, love the textures and that wonderful moss..fabulous masculine project..
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..
Luv CHRISSYxx

Julie said...

Another stunning card with so much detail Maxine. I noticed the gold stitching right away! Looks like you had sewn it! Yes spring is not far now - we need the daffs & things to remind us of this & to keep us going through the colder winter days. My magnolia has shown its first pink flower this morning - bought me so much delight. xx

Cynthia said...

Great mixed media creation, Maxine! Hope all is well.

At Home In New Zealand said...

Enjoy your daffodils! :)
I miss the days when we had heaps of them growing along the fenceline and I could gather them by the armful. But I am glad to have the memories. Daffodils are such beautiful harbingers of spring :)

Marjeta said...

Beautiful card.

brenda said...

Always seems odd reading Daffodils in August! Lovely tree creation, many thanks for sharing at We Love Stamping challenge.

B x

Gerrina said...

Wow that is early for the daffodil! Here we have a warm summer still... Love that stamp and your card; great combi with the texture! Hugs, Gerrina

Ellibelle said...

I love Daffodils, nice to hear they are native to NZ as well and that you are getting to enjoy them at the moment and for the weeks to come!
Your card is beautiful, love all the inkyness and great texture with the corrugated cardstock. Thanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!

creationsnz said...

Love love love this card Maxine! Super work, I love how it looks so mossy with those colours.

EmmaT said...

Always love to see the first daffodils, here in Cornwall we are lucky to get them very early in the UK, always a lovely sign winter in waning. Beautiful card, love the textures. Thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping. Emma

JD/ Jill said...

wow! What a beautiful card! Nicely done!

Fiona said...

I love the use of the corrugated paper at the bottom of your card - perfect for those lovely trees. Great Mixed Media card - thanks for playing along with us at The Male Room. Why not also enter your card into Creative Artiste Mixed Media challenge

Donna Scholz said...

Maxine, what a great idea to use the sheet from a previous project as the background for your card! It works so perfectly!! Thank you for sharing your card with us at The Male Room for our 'mixed media" challenge!!! -Donna

Irish Cherokee said...

I was thinking as I read down and saw the corrugated paper that this would be a great card for a man. Perfect!

Hugs and Blessings

Neet said...

Love all the texture that there is on this card. The random stamping is something I never thought of but i certainly will now I have seen how yours turned out - I do like it, Great image of the trees, looks fabulous embossed on the Kraft.
Blessings. Neet xx

Donna Walls said...

Wow, this is a gorgeous card, I love the stamping and the textures. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge. We hope you'll share more lovely cards soon.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Goga said...

Fantastic Mix Media card. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room Challenge. Goga