Its been a glorious, sunny day here, and I have walked, chatted at a distance to folk, and gardened. Autumn does have some wonderful days, and I am sure most of us here in my corner of New Zealand will be feeling a little less 'blah' about the lock down and isolation...
This card was made for the Word Art Wednesday Challenge starting today, and is sponsored by Stamp Simply, who are providing either two stamp sets, or a stamp and a die set, of the
I chose to work with the "Get Well Tulip" set, for which there is an accompanying die set available.
For some reason the scripture begged to be cut using a circle die... which I did, embossed it, and then sponged the inside with Broken China D.I. before removing the die.
For the base I started with a piece of 15 cm x 15 cm card and folded it in half, and then stenciled the background using a STAMPlorations Leaf Print stencil, with Lucky Clover D.O. then sprinkled it with water. After it reacted, I mopped with a paper towel and dried it.
The tulip was coloured with Polychromo pencils and fussy cut..
I mounted the scripture panel over the folded card, and the adhered the tulip to one side of it.
To finish the outside and decorate the inside, I used a strip of some 'silk' tape that I have had for an embarrassingly long time - it was one of my very early purchases, and adhered it to the bottom of the front, and folded half of it to the inside. As it is a small card, I wanted maximum space for a note.
I am linking this to: