Pages

Friday, April 17, 2020

A Birthday Tulip

Welcome

I am doing a happy dance as I have finally managed to get my watermark into my new photo editing progamme, and subsequently onto my card photos - whoopee!!

I love how this card turned out - it's the first time I really, seriously, tried no line colouring, stamping the image in London Fog ink, and colouring with my polychromos. 
It is also the first time I have used this gorgeous stamp by Stamp Simply 


The sentiment was simply stamped using an old ink called Sugar Loaf Green, but it has always been this delightful blue.  I also ran all my edges over the pad, which gives a very discrete frame.
The embossing I used on the white panel is an old S/B Em-boss folder



The head of the tulip had numerous layers of colour, yet  I was  not really happy with it until I picked up a Prismcolor pencil and did a final layer!

The leaves  I was really happy with - especially once I added some black and very dark green to the base of the leaves.

Unfortunately  the camera has washed out the colours a bit.


The strip of paper that I mounted the tulip over is a snippet that was sitting on my desk, from a Craftwise pack called Oceania. 


I stamped the tulip again on the left of the inside of the card in the same ink I used on the outside of the card.



And added a final snippet of the paper to the bottom right.  

I am linking this to:

The Tulip Stamp
I focused on the garden part of the quote






23 comments:

Dawn T said...

a beautiful card Maxine. Really lovely flowers.

aussie aNNie said...

Glad you managed your watermark Maxine, what programme were you trying to get it into?
Beautiful card, gorgeous stamp and stunning colours...have a lovely weekend and stay safe.xx

Neet said...

A very pretty card Maxine, the London Fog is a great colour for using as a non-colour isn't it? That sounds a bit contrary but I am sure you know what I mean.
That is a lovely embossing folder that you have used and I do like the way the image is placed on the left - very effective way of doing it. Something I might just copy if I may.
I love how you always carry on into the insert - you finish your cards off beautifully.
hugs and Blessings, Neet xx

sandie said...

This is gorgeous Maxine and well done for sorting the watermark-looks great.And your first go at no line colouring-wow you rocked it! What beautiful colours and love all the texture you addded looks so good. Thanks for joining Time Out

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, your card is beautiful inside and out!

cotnob said...

A pretty card Maxine, a lovely tulip and great no line colouring.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

jimlynn said...

Yea on the watermark! It's the little things that make us happy.
Beautiful card too! So very lovely.
Lynn

Monica said...

Hi Maxine,

This is simply so charming. The inside is is as charming as the outside.

Lots of love and all will be well soon,

Monica xxx

Mac Mable said...

Such a feminine and beautiful card, with great no line colouring Maxine x. Well done you with the watermark x.

Ellibelle said...

So very beautiful! Love the tulip with the embossed background! Your no-line coloring looks wonderful!
Ellibelle's Corner

Suze said...

This is gorgeous and beautifully coloured Maxine. I like that you carried the tulip through to the inside too. Good that you got your watermark issues sorted.

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Maxine, the flower is really lovely and I love the embossing. I'm glad you've managed to sort out your watermark with your new computer program. I had the same problem with my watermark a few months ago when I had to start using a different editing program. xx

Darnell said...

Good job with your watermark, Maxine, and with your no-line coloring! Your card is gorgeous outside and in and I love the dimension from the pretty e/f! Thank you for sharing at NBUS! Take care and stay safe! Hugs, Darnell

Jackie C said...

Perfect for our Challenge!
So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Always Fun Challenges.
Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @AFC

mamapez5 said...

I love tulips so this is a beautiful card to me. It is not always easy to get a photo of our cards that make them look how we see them, but I know this is lovely in your picture, and possibly even more so in real life. Kate x

Cobnut Crafter said...

Beautiful pencil work on your tulip. A lovely finished card. Congrats on sorting out your watermark - a very professional finish. xx

Shauna said...

This is so pretty! Your flower is so nice and it looks great against the embossed texture. Thanks for playing with us at Time Out Challenges!
- Shauna

Shelly Schmidt said...

I absolutely love your floral cards, and this is no exception. Beautifully done!!!

Art by Zowie Dixon said...

Such a pretty card. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Arty Divas this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.

Hugs, Zowie xx

Arty Divas DT

Crafts from the Fairy Den {My Blog}

Loll said...

Beautiful card Maxine! Can't believe this is your first time no-line watercolouring ... you've mastered it right away. This is amazing! xx

Anita in France said...

Lovely no-line colouring, Maxine ... the softness of the tulips is just fabulous against the trellis-like background! Love how you took the design to the inside! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Di said...

What a gorgeous card Maxine. That tulip is so beautiful - wonderful colouring!

Hope you're keeping well

Love

Di xx

Kavya N said...

Wow! This is just fabulous :) Stunning coloring! Thanks so much for joining us for the Aud Sentiments Challenge.