Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Cling Wrap Inspired

Welcome

This card was the result of a challenge in a small (N.Z.) swap group I belong to.  The challenge was to use cling wrap in your background


I started with some Watercolour paper and sprinkled Brushos over it - blue, aquamarine and violet I think, and also pearl SprinkleITs. spritzed it well, placed the plastic film over it, then twisted it from the centre to add texture, then left it to dry.


When it was dry, I trimmed out the piece I wanted to use and adhered the die cut. 
( a M/B poppy die that appears to have been discontinued.)
I then tapped embossing ink over the panel, added clear embossing powder and heated - I repeated this four or five times.
The embossing appears to have re-actived the Brushos, and colour moved onto the die cut in places, but it also intensified the colours and textures. 

 

I mounted the panel onto some pale blue textured cardstock , and stamped the sentiment (a magazine freebie,) below the image panel, and rubbed the edges of the panel onto the same ink to define them.


The card looked a little stark, so I embossed a line of dots on either side of the main panel, which gave some interest without detracting from the focal point.
In the photo above you can just see some of the sparkle the pearl sprinkleITs gave to the brusho panel 


The inside was decorated with some matching blue washi tape. 

I am linking this to:




25 comments:

Suze said...

This is great Maxine. I like how your background turned out. Embossing the die is a great idea - I'll have to try that myself when I can find my embossing powder!

Cynthia said...

Lovely background technique, Maxine! It really makes the poppy POP!

brenda said...

Such s striking card with wonderful use of colours.

B x

Cobnut Crafter said...

Gorgeous card Maxine. There are so many lovely elements, from the beautiful blue background to the dry embossed dots. I particularly like the way you have heat embossed the poppy so that it looks like an enamelled topper. Stay safe. xx

brenda said...

Me again Maxine, just seen your link at Allsorts so popped back to thank you for joining in. Problem is I'm struggling to read blogs as my post of glasses were due for collection as lockdown started so might be a time before I get them!

B x

Wendy L said...

It is do pretty, thank you for joining us at Allsorts and at Crafty Friends too, xxx

Dawn T said...

Beautifully done Maxine. The background looks stunning. It's great to see the different ways you can use the gradwrap.

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Maxine, gorgeous colours and a lovely, delicate poppy.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

jimlynn said...

Beautiful! I'm going to have to break down and get some Brusho's I think. SO pretty and I love the embossing too.
Lynn

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning and most gorgeous colours here, a real WOW factor, love it...xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

How absolutely beautiful!!! I love the background and the die is a perfect touch! Love your dotted embossing up the sides as well!

meg said...

love the vivid colours and the beautiful die cut, thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, your card is so pretty - as always, there is so much texture, depth, and more. You're so creative!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful colours and love the effect, great die and design. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at QKR Stampede this week. Good Luck and looking forward to see you again in our next challenge.

Faith QKR Stampede DT

Pat K said...

Gorgeous background Maxine. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K xx

Mac Mable said...

This is one of my favourite techniques Maxine as it produces amazing and unique effects and it sure has on your stunning card....Loving this one x.

Dawn Phillips said...

That technique does work really well. This is lovely. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

My Paper Epiphany said...

What a wonderful background! Great technique!

creatingandsharingit.blogspot.com said...

Awesome card. Thank you for playing with us at Gem of a challenge blog. good luck with your entry.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Embossed dots on edge.. wonder how did that, Maxine .. lpoks great.. fascinating re the embossing activating the brushos!
Sorry for late visit! 😊
Thanks for sharing, and may God bless and keep you and all whom you love, in these changeable times. As Paul wrote: "We walk by faith, not by sight."
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Fiona said...

Such a lovely card - and I really like the blue - I've yet to try that technique so must give it a go - thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

Loll said...

GORGEOUS! Great work Maxine. Your brushos / cling wrap combination has made the most beautiful background. Love it with the simple white outline flower --- perfect! xx

Neet said...

It is quite a while since I used Brushos with cling film but when I last did it I got a very pretty and bright background.
I love the background you have made, what gorgeous colours - and the blue is so striking. Love how the image has changed the appearance just that little bit for you.
A gorgeous card - and inside too.
Blessings, Neet xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

your bkg turned out so pretty....love that flower die too!
xx Karen