Monday, October 26, 2020

A White Lady

Welcome

This card was made for a small New Zealand swap group I participate in.  The challenge this month was to use a white die cut.  


I started with this purple toned piece from a masterboard I made last year -  I cannot recall exactly what I used, but I identified an embossing paste stenciled (STAMPlorations) butterfly, brushos, mica sprays, some paint and random stamping.  
I placed it to the bottom right of the lemon coloured base card, for added interest


The lady die cut was cut using an unidentified die


This is a close up of the butterfly, which shows some of the glimmer.

I added a ribbon partly concealed down one side of the panel, and then stapled a folded section at the top before covering it with the stamped and die cut greeting circle.


I finished the inside with a trimming from the panel, but had written in the card before I took the photo, hence the 'cover up'.

I am linking this to:



Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Wheat Ears and Scripture

Welcome

The fortnight has rolled around again and it is time for another challenge at Word Art Wednesday, this time sponsored by The Project Bin, with the winner receiving a $15 gift voucher.

I decided to create an autumnal themed card to coordinate with the scripture.


I printed the verse then  die cut it with a stitched rectangle, and blended lemon ink around the edges before removing the die.


The Wheat Ears were cut from an unidentified die I received as part of a prize package from Mia. They were cut from white card, then I blended yellow ink over the die cuts, then painted over the stems and ends of the ears with an olive ink.  They then received a liberal coating of WoS


The  green layer of card was splattered with a fine mist of  Inka Gold gold paint. as a final detail before assembling 

'

The inside was finished with some sparkle tape, and then I layered three strips of narrow washi tape onto the centre of it.

I am linking this to:



Monday, October 19, 2020

Playing with Dimension

Welcome

This is a card made a few weeks ago for a friend who lives locally,  so I could hand the card to her and not worry about postage, or getting it crushed in the post.


I love how it all worked out together without a lot of effort - some of the parts were pieces on my desk, and that's always good ... 


The flowers were die cut from scraps of patterned paper and sprayed with a mica spray, not that it really showed on the pink flowers, and the leaves were also cut from snippets


The oval layer was a piece of paper I had played with ages ago.  I do remember that after crushing it, I swiped a golden glitz ink pad over it, and above you can just see the glimmer it gave. 


This gives an idea of the height of the flowers.
The base layer of green was embossed, but with a folder that is too small for our standard size of card, so I added the ric rac to cover the blank strip, which also echoed the edge of the die cut yellow layer.
The sentiment is from a Dark Room Door set, and the panel edges were swiped with yellow ink. 

A few rhinestones in the centers of the flowers, and also around the flowers, and a foil cut butterfly were the finishing details. 

I am linking this to:


Friday, October 9, 2020

Clearing My Desk...

Welcome

I am still working on sorting, purging and packing, and had overlooked the fact that I had to make a card for this week's Word Art Wednesday Challenge  .... eek!

I had started on my desk yesterday, and came across this piece of green cardstock so used that for my base this morning - I then ratted in my pre-made background container and found this piece.
If I recall, it was made by sprinkling Brusho's in an embossing folder, misting it with water, placing a piece of watercolour paper in it and simply pressing it together by hand. 


After printing the wonderful verse (available free on the WAW blog site)  I trimmed it and lightly distressed the edges - both the background and verse were layered on deep red card, then mounted on the green base
The butterflies were from my jar of pre-cut butterflies, and I brushed some red ink onto the yellow one to make it 'fit' colour-wise. 

I am linking this to: