Thursday, September 24, 2020

An 'Oops" Rescued

Welcome
I am running a day late with this post.  I did get it part done yesterday, and then life happened! 
As it has a habit of doing.  

This card is for the new challenge at Word Art Wednesday , where our sponsor is the very generous company, Clearly Besotted Stamps, who will supply a 15 Pound gift voucher to the winner.


My card started as an oops, the embossing was not 100% for the technique I was trying, so it got put into my 'promise box'  after I had sponged the ink over it. 
Somehow I just don't seem to be able to successfully emboss on watercolour paper!


The verse was cut with a stitched circle die and sponged with yellow ink on the edges.


As the panel was too large for the card front, I trimmed one edge off  and mounted it to the side, layering it over a piece of gingham ribbon, then added vertical a bow to the right


A few blue sequins and the front was finished


The inside was finished with a trimming from the feature panel. 

When I was writing this post, it occurred to me that what I did with making the unsatisfactory panel into something attractive and useful, God does to us when we mess up (sin).  
When we admit/confess our sin, he will forgive and redeem us, and remake us into something beautiful, as we are all precious to Him. 

I am linking this to:

Thank you for visiting my blog, any comments you may leave are appreciated.

Friday, September 18, 2020

A Chalked Sunflower

Welcome

It's a slow process this purging and packing - but I did get this card done!


I have had this Magnificent Sunflower 3-D embossing folder  for a while now, and decided that I needed to use it.  So I embossed a long, narrow snippet of white card that was on my desk.


I decided to colour it with chalks, using a cotton bud (Q - Tip) .  As can be seen in this and the following photo, I built up the colours and shading using repeated layers


Once I was happy with the colours I sprayed it with a sealant to secure the colour on the card.
The sentiment was clear embossed over Memento Dandelion Ink, on white card, and then double mounted over another snippet of yellow card.  
Some sequins and bakers twine finished the outside of the card.


The inside was finished with washi tape


I am linking this to:

                                 The House That Stamps Built Challenge - Inspiration Palette




Wednesday, September 9, 2020

A Swinked Scripture

Welcome

I recently discovered the technique of Swinking, as named by Laurel and Ardyth!
Their video  tutorials are here and here  and I had great fun making up some backgrounds, one of which I used for this weeks Word Art Wednesday's DT card.
Our Sponsor this week is  Stamp Simply  
who always supplies a generous prize of a voucher to be spent on their wonderful products.
My apologies, I made this card without checking who our sponsor was, and did not use any of the product supplied. 


This weeks scripture, which is available free on the blog, was designed by Karen Murray.  I die cut it with a M.B. Stitched Rectangle, and mounted it onto the background with a pair of tiny banners, cut from the same red card as the base.


The background was made by swiping three Catherine Pooler inks, Lemoncello, Aquatini and Blue Suede Shoes down a piece of lightly dampened watercolour paper, lifting the pad before I reached the bottom of the panel. 



I also sprayed it with some lemon mica spray, which gave an almost splashed effect where it reacted with the inks, giving a subtle touch of texture


The inside of the card was finished with some washi tape

I am linking this to:



Tuesday, September 1, 2020

An Ironed Swap

Welcome

I quick post today - I have surfaced from the craziness of cleaning and packing to share this card.
The challenge in our swap group last month was to use the iron-off resist technique,  as demonstrated by Jennifer McGuire.


I used a Stampendous stamp called Bandanna Background, which is slightly too small for our card, so I split the stamped panel and put the sentiment in the centre, directly onto the base card.

After stamping and clear embossing the design, I then randomly sponged over it with Catherine Pooler inks - I was happy with the result, so ironed off the embossing,,, but forgot to wipe the ink off the embossing first, so the result below means I have to really think as to how I am going to use it!!


When I went to mount the coloured panel, I had difficulty finding a card to really complement the panels, and ended up layering it on red, then onto the rich cream base.  I then used the same Rouge Red ink from the sponged panel to stamp the sentiment.


The inside of the card was finished simply with the edge of the white panel run over the red ink pad, and then some washi tape added.

I am linking this to: