Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Mono-printing and Chicory

Welcome

I love how this card turned out.


I was playing with Brushos, sprinkling them onto an embossing folder, spritzing with water then 'printing' them onto watercolour paper - this background was the second 'pull'. 


I printed off the chicory image from A Day For Daisies - a freebie image from their blog
After colouring the image with Polychromo pencils, I layered Glossy Accents over the glass jar


Unfortunately it warped, and cracked when I went to glue it onto the background, so I rubbed blue ink over it, and loved the look once it had worked into the cracks!



I embossed the sentiment with platinum ep onto purple card, and mounted it over a snippet of gold card.  All the edges of the layers and the base were sponged with Delicata Gold ink


I used another snippet for the inside sentiment - the negative of a die cut


My latest photo prop... serves him right for trying to photo bomb my session... his colour really shows off the card too 😉

I am linking this to:
The image may contain: food


Friday, August 17, 2018

An Impossible Rose

Welcome

In one of my classes this year I taught the Impossible Card fold, which I might add is deceptively simple to make.


The patterned paper I used is from a Stampin' Up Christmas pad... 


The rose from Darkroom Door (Full Bloom Vol 1) was stamped with Memento Lady Bug and Cottage Ivy inks.


The sentiment is from the same set. 

The final touches were the gold glitter card behind the panels and some champagne flat back pearls.

I am linking this to:




Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Have a Whaley Good Birthday

Welcome

This card was made using both paper and a stamp set from a magazine I bought earlier in the year.


I loved the whale / nautical theme the set had, and stamped and embossed the whale flukes in black, then coloured the image using silver Inka Gold, and the sea splash in Twinkling H2O's.


I  diecut the image, sponged the panel and mounted it over cardboard to add some dimension, adding some silver thread loops under it as it was adhered - which was very difficult to control!!


The sentiment(s) were stamped and embossed on opposing corners, and string wound around the left hand side of the card before the paper was mounted over a soft aqua coloured card stock.


I am linking this to:











Monday, August 13, 2018

Embossed Leaves and Music

Welcome

I recently had need of a sympathy card, and I had time to make this one very personal for the recipient.  It is also one of the several I made during the challenge to make at least three cards from a piece of 12 x 12 page of designer paper.


The floral paper is one side of the sheet, and the music is the flip side, and I embossed the ODBD sentiment on that, knowing it would co-ordinate perfectly.


The three leaves were embossed on an snippet of scrap paper that I had rubbed ink onto years ago...
(no I don't hoard, just "lovingly care for"  until I find a use....)

The leaf stamp is one of my originals from Kiwistamping, a local firm, who are responsible for my addiction.


The music is from a part of on old hymn book that I was gifted by MariLynn sometime ago


This inside I finished with some (ODBD Faith Card Sentiments) encouraging words, as the circumstances that needed the card were a tragic, and very random,  accident.

I am linking this to:

Snippets are the leaves, stamped and embossed onto a snippet of coloured card and trimmed out
The leaves were stamped on an experimental scrap)
(The sentiment is my go-to for sympathy stamps)



Monday, August 6, 2018

A Buttercup and a Butterfly

Welcome

As part of Kathy Rac's last colouring challenge, I printed off some images and coloured them - I am not sure I even got them finished during the challenge, but I did complete them.

I posted them on Instagram, and a friend commented on the quote on this card that I showed


It had been coloured in an ombre style, and that was commented on, so I trimmed it out, distressed and sponged the edges of the panel.


I decided to put it on a grey background, that has green undertones to it, which really made the panel "shine" even more.  The printed butterfly was coloured with silver pencils and I die cut a M.B. Pippi butterfly from silver glitter card to pop over it.


The card was finished with a panel of lace over a deep green layer of card, and some silver rhinestones.


I was very pleased with how this turned out, and the recipient was very happy to receive it too.

I am linking this to:
(Grey, greens and silver)




Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Nail Polish Swap

Welcome

Sorry to have been Missing In Action again, but life has been really stressful and busy, and blogging and visiting blogs has taken a hit as a result. 

The card is what was swapped, not the nail polish - the nail polish was used to make the marbled background.

I followed a couple of You Tube tutorials here and here - the main hint I would give is that this technique is best done outside, and that the paper is left to dry outside too.


I used water colour paper for the marbling, and found that when I went to emboss on it, the emossing seems to sink into the paper, and is not as raised  or shiny as on plain card.


I kept the card simple to show off the marbling, so only added a matching organza ribbon and a few flat back rhinestones


Here is a shot showing some of the shimmer and shine the nail polish gave


I am linking this to: