Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Guest Designer for Cute and Crafty


I was recently given the privilege of guest designing for the Cute and Crafty Blog, the theme was Kids, and the sponsor is Fred She Said Digital Designs, and I chose to work with the design 

She was coloured with my Faber Castell Polychromo pencils

I lightly coloured the bubbles to reflect the colours in her frock, then put a thick layer of 
Glossy Accents over them for some sheen and dimension

The sentiment stamp was from a magazine set, and was stamped in a mixture of inks to try to get the right shade of purple.  I finished the card with a strip of purple rhinestone either side of the sentiment.

Thank you Tabitha for inviting me to design for you - may your blog and challenges continue to thrive.

I am linking this to:

Friday, September 14, 2018

Seas The Day


I made this card for a young woman recently - she lives near the coast, so I thought this seaside theme appropriate.  

The images were from a magazine set, and I stamped and white embossed them, then coloured using  watercolour paints.  The 'foam' at the edge of the water is white flock, and I also added chunky glitter to the water to hint at the sun reflecting off it.

The sentiment was white embossed on snippet of  black card, hand cut to a banner, and layered over a blue banner, also cut from a snippet

The top corner were three snippets cut into banners, and with some heavy twine tied around

I decorated the inside with three strips of washi tape, also banner cut to echo the outside banners.
(My apologies on the fuzzy photos, the card was sent before I realised they were so poor) 

I am linking this to:

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Exciting News, Flowers and Scripture


Before I share my news I want to welcome Becca Morris Sadler as my latest follower - she has a blog here if you would like to pop over, say hi, and admire her work.

My news is that I have been invited to be part of the Word Art Wednesday design team.
 I accepted and this is my first card for them!!

The background for this was made sprinkling Lindy's powders on water colour paper,  then spraying them with water.  They give a lovely, iridescent, sheen to the background.

The stamped images, from Darkroom Door include florals and leaves, and were painted with a wash, made from the same powders, and then fussy cut.  They also have a slight sheen.
I gave the flower the some dimension by rubbing the centre over a soft pad, then glued some gold micro beads there for added texture.

This scripture is the freebie over at Word Art Wednesday this week, and I mounted it, slightly off set, over some black card.

This photo gives some idea of the shimmer - I also added dimension to the leaves by scoring them on a soft mat, and then only attaching the stem to the card.  

As I will be using this for a friend's birthday, I stamped the sentiment on the inside, and added a strip of very sparkly washi tape (Part of a RAK from Mia of Craftartista)

I am linking this to:

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Birthday Cats


I had an birthday that I wanted to mark, that I did not learn about until the day before, so I made a very CAS card, knowing that the recipient loves cats - she has three of her own, which explains the theme, and she recognised the representation of each of them here on the card!

The cats are part of the Feline Good  stamp and die set from the Project Bin, a wonderful RAK from Kelly the Sandcastle Stamper.
I stamped the cats on snippets of card, coloured them with chalks/pastels,  then die cut them out and mounted them over the grey panel, (another snippet) which had been embossed with the folder from the Mini Crazy Cats set by Tim Holtz

The smaller background panel was one I had stamped using rubber bands around a block, first with Memento London Fog ink and then VersaMark ink and silver embossed

I cannot recall which stamp I used for the sentiment, which was simply stamped in black ink.

I am linking this to:

Sunday, September 2, 2018

Caught !!!


I made this bridge card for a fisherman's birthday

The back ground paper is from a pack I picked up at a local Warehouse (a cheap variety store), and looks delightfully like a cloudy sky - the best for trout fishing.  The clouds are Whimsy Diecuts, and I drew the birds in myself.

The fish stamp is locally made by Hastings Rubber Stamps, 

as is the fishing rod.  I embossed that with copper ep, then threaded some silver filament from the end of the stamp to the fish's mouth.

The  sentiment, by another New Zealand firm, was embossed with gold ep.

The fish was silver embossed and painted with twinkling H2O's, and mounted over a snippet of muslin/gauze

The bridge part of the card was cut with some (unidentified) stitched hill dies, the green to represent the banks of the river and the de- bossed and inked panel the water.

I am linking this to:

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Mono-printing and Chicory


I love how this card turned out.

I was playing with Brushos, sprinkling them onto an embossing folder, spritzing with water then 'printing' them onto watercolour paper - this background was the second 'pull'. 

I printed off the chicory image from A Day For Daisies - a freebie image from their blog
After colouring the image with Polychromo pencils, I layered Glossy Accents over the glass jar

Unfortunately it warped, and cracked when I went to glue it onto the background, so I rubbed blue ink over it, and loved the look once it had worked into the cracks!

I embossed the sentiment with platinum ep onto purple card, and mounted it over a snippet of gold card.  All the edges of the layers and the base were sponged with Delicata Gold ink

I used another snippet for the inside sentiment - the negative of a die cut

My latest photo prop... serves him right for trying to photo bomb my session... his colour really shows off the card too 😉

I am linking this to:
The image may contain: food