Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Father's Day - part 2

Welcome

Here's the other card I made that rushed afternoon!


I started playing with a dye re-inker, a T.H stain and a mica spray, dabbed, dropped and sprayed onto my glass work surface, then a light spritz with water, and I smooshed some TH tissue paper through it, and then some card to mop up....  I was quite surprised to later find that the tissue was not transparent.


The result was this wonderful grungy but glimmery piece.


I was wondering what to put with it, when I recalled I had this (CUTplorations) mug die, (used once in many years) and then found the coffee sentiment (in the matching STAMPloration set - which I have owned for years and never used) - as the recipient loves his coffee, this was perfect.  The father's day sentiment is a magazine freebie from years ago


The inside was finished with this faux marble tape, as was the envelope.

I am linking this to:

The mug die, the coffee stamp and the tissue paper are all hoarded lovingly stored products
The tissue paper and the coffee sentiment


Thank you for visiting - I have yet to have my reading list restored, 6 days on....


19 comments:

Darlene said...

Great thinking . . . turned out FABULOUS! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Neglected Stuff challenge as well as sharing over on the First Cup Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Neglected Stuff Co-Owner
NEGLECTED STUFF CHALLENGE
First Cup DT

Darlene said...

OH NO ... I just called you Elizabeth ... geesh where is my mind? lol Thanks Maxine ... your project is awesome!

HilaryJane said...

What an amazing background. i bet it is even more special in real life and I am so glad to hear that you have used those supplies after they have been in your stash for so long. The problems with blogger reading list continue, so thanks for finding my post the other day and leaving me such a lovely message xx

Vicki said...

Fantastic MM and grunge design. The mica mists add a nice glimmer to everything. Thanks for sharing with the September Challenge at A Cut Above.

Julie said...

Both your Father's Day cards are just wonderful Maxine. Especially given they were "last minute rush jobs"!!! I think they turned out amazing.
Regarding your note about blogger - since I have returned home a few days ago I cannot get any recent posts to upload to my reading list either. Yours was showing your Part 1 post as the most recent. (I went to your Home page to check) . Blogger sure is testing our patience lately. xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Great card Maxine and I think blogger has a minde of its own. I use follow-it to collect my most recent posts, including yours its free like blogger and sends me an email with all latest posts into my inbox like blogger used to do.
Its very convenient.
Happy crafting, not well enough to do it at moment, love Shaz.xx

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Maxine. Great mixed media background. Blogger seems to be working better today!

Mia said...

This is another beautiful father's day card. I love the background. Thank you for the inspiration, my friend.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful and shiny background, love the grungy effect. The mug and sentiment are just perfect for it, all in all a fabulous card. x

creationsnz said...

WOW Maxine, this is great! Very much a masculine card and well done using your neglected supplies. CarolG

Bunny said...

I'm not a coffee drinker but I love this card. My husband would love it too. I wish I had a roll of that faux washi tape. It's so cool looking. It's a cute cute card. [Bunny]

Darnell said...

Oh, well done, Maxine!! If there was a challenge for activities engaged in while creating, you would be crowned the winner! You dabbed, dropped, sprayed, spritzed, smooched, and mopped and you didn't even mention the stamping, die-cutting, and Washi-ing! The result of all that fun is fantastic and I can just imagine how fun it is to run your fingers over that incredible shine! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

This is stunning, Maxine!! I love the shimmering appearance. As always, well done!! Hugs

Cynthia said...

Great mixed media background to showcase the coffee die, Maxine.

R's Rue said...

I love it.
rkrsrue.blogspot.com

Irish Cherokee said...

You are amazing when it comes to doing things different. Just love the results. Hope blogger is finally behaving. My typing is horrible. I spend more time backing up and correcting than you would believe

Hugs and blessings.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, this is a perfect Father's Day card. Your talent shows through!

Leanne said...

Another wonderful masculine card. Love how you put it all together. Thanks for all your visits to my blog. I wish I was as consistent as you. With work and life, I seem to run out of time.

Deanne Saunders said...

Wonderful card for a dad!!! Thanks so much for participating in our FIRST CUP CHALLENGES challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper