Welcome
Another short post - on a technique that I have never "got on with", so this month's challenge for our (N.Z) swap group was a real challenge for me!
I used the Magnificent Sunflower 3D embossing folder by Memory Box for the feature on the
Blackout technique
After embossing the card, I flipped it over and coloured the (debossed) image with various inks, then used the direct to paper technique to fill the background, (using Catherine Pooler Queen For A Day ink).Then tried rolling the ink on - I attempted this three different times, and eventually decided the second attempt was the better one, but it was far from what I wanted.
Masking and sponging to the rescue, and a lot of inky fingers later I was 'sort of ' satisfied!!
A local childcare centre will receive the 'rejects'.
The butterfly and sentiment were very strategically placed !! I sprayed the background with some Comic Shimmer pearlescent spray, added some clear rhinestones on the body of the butterfly, and a wee bit of red behind the main panel and under the edge of the sentiment strip, then mounted it all onto a bright yellow base.
The inside panel was decorated with a strip of the tape that was on the envelope, but the photo was not a good one, as the light reflected off the gold on it, and took it out of focus!
I am linking this to:

No comments:
Post a Comment