Pages

Friday, August 16, 2024

Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head...

Welcome

Sorry if you now have that (B.J. Thomas) tune buzzing around you head...

This card was for our local swap this month, where the criteria was to use a stencil, some stamping, and stay in the same colour group


I started by picking up a sprayed sheet of card that was on my desk - I think it was a Cosmic Shimmer airless sprayer trial.... I then stamped over it in dark blue with a brick pattern and writing - placing only part of the image down in any one spot.

Next I picked up a Dylusions 'teardrop' stencil, and used it with a clear  Gel Medium.  This reactivated the sprayed background, but it added to the rainy look, note the shine in the bottom of the next photo!


The image, Simon Says Follow the Rainbow set, was stamped in blue and clear embossed, painted with Twinkling H2O's, fussy cut and mounted on the card with foam dots


The sentiment, from the same set, was white embossed on the same deep blue card as the base, and attached with foam dots


Inside I stamped the image off the edge, using a very pale blue ink, and repeated it on the envelope.


I will 'fess up here, there was a major oops on this card - I discovered when I went to assemble the card that I had stenciled the panel upside down, so if you look closely, you will see the script in the background is now upside down... way less noticeable than rain drops going upwards!
The recipient had a giggle, as she also has been known to make a panel the wrong way up!!

I am linking this to:

I love creating mixed media cards, and Twinkling H2Os)


17 comments:

Dawn T said...

Absolutely fabulous Maxine. Love it!

Gerrina said...

Love that stamp and great work on the colour scheme! Hugs, Gerrina

HilaryJane said...

We wouldn't have known about your little mess up if you hadn't old us. I do love that background and a great idea to use that clear gel. I have some of that and haven't used it for ages. Thanks for the inspiration xx

At Home In New Zealand said...

Those little bloopers are allowed when the card has been made with love :)
It is raining where I am at the moment, and I am noticing that raindrops do go down and not up! Mxx

Regina said...

Now I'm singing Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head!🎶 I liked the way the card came out. Its very lovely.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Yep! Got that song right in my head AND it's raining here. Love your card, I love the glimmer on it too. A super card Maxine. x

JanR said...

Terrific card! Love how you stamped on the inside too. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Cynthia said...

Fun mixed media design, Maxine. Your oppsie adds to the overall design perfectly! Take Care!

Taty said...

Hi Maxine the background is lovely and highlights the colorful image very well well done and good luck thanks for joining Dream Valley Challenge Taty x DT

Julie said...

Another wonderful creation Maxine. Yes I do now have that song in my head !! 😉 I love the teardrop stencil you have used in this. Just wonderful.
Hope you are staying dry over there Maxine - we've had alot of rain & strong winds here. xx

Cinderella said...

Hello Maxine,
Lovely card and yes I do have the song wandering around in my head now (lol)
Have a nice Sunday
Hugs and Creativity
Cinderella
XX

Tracie said...

Such a pretty card. Love the look of the background. Thanks for sharing with us at PIP Challenges.

Irish Cherokee said...

Love it. Unique stamping of the inside of the card.

Hugs and Blessings

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our DRAGONFLY DREAMS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Ellibelle said...

So beautiful in shades of blue! Thanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Neet said...

I never noticed your little error and doubt others would have if you had not mentioned it. It is a lovely card, I like mono cards and especially when you use blue. Lovely card with different techniques.
Blessings, Neet xx

creationsnz said...

It really is watery and gorgeous. I was the lucky one to receive it. Thanks again Maxine. CarolG