Greetings to my guests - I have been a long time between posts and it is not because I have not been crafting, but we are in summer here and there always seems to be "things to do" outside .... I actually have four or five cards photographed ready to blog, and have made at least one card for a challenge that has expired before I got to blogging it!! Maybe I should use my Splitcoast Stampers gallery a bit more....
Never mind, enough of my prattle :-).
This tag started years ago, and was abandoned (for good reason when I first resurrected it - it was very, very basic). What has eventuated is far from the original, which is the orange layer you can just see the edge of!! I was inspired to 'have another go' by Gunn when she did a 12 days of Christmas tag challenge and shared it on her blog.
I started to revamp the original by cutting a white layer, stamping a bird from the Royal Bird stamp set from Layers of Color and embossing it in white. The background was then sponged in a couple of shades of blues from the Tsukineko Kaleidacolor Rainbow pad Blue Breeze.
Not satisfied I then painted the bird with twinkling H2O's and added Crystal Kindy Glitz, and then painted it again. Next the bird was masked and a Crazed background stamped using Tsukineko Platinum Planet ink. The flowers and beads were from my stash, as were the rhinestones and thread of glitter.
After the edges were rubbed on an orange ink pad, and mounted on the orange layer it languished on the desk for another month as I was not pleased with it.
Then my mojo returned and it was layered onto the cream card, which had had the base edge punched with a Fiskars border punch and the edges distressed and sponged with Tim Holtz Tea Stain distress ink.
The 'thread' was replaced several times before I settled on the cord and lace combo.
Then along came the Midnight Madness Challenge which meant using a tag, and presto I have one ready!!
I selected my dp from a pack from The Warehouse (USA readers think Michaels), sprayed it with silver spray (Luminarte Shimmering Mist) ran it through the CB in the fleur de lise folder and mounted it on an aqua coloured card.
As the folder does not quite go the length I require, I added some ribbon to cover the 'blank' end.
I then used some organza to form a fancy bow with some silver reflective ribbon I have on hand, and glued a full bow on top of that.
I suspect I have broken all the 'colour rules' in this, but I am satisfied with the outcome - finally.
Thank you for visiting and being patient with my 'womblings' on this entry.
I am linking this to:
May your day be blessed - as mine has been, by good news!