I had to make a quick card yesterday and this is the result. I was very happy with the overall look of the card as the colours are not my favourite combination!!
The bright yellow card was some that I had on my desk, as was the forest green - the piece did not need trimming at all. I put it through the CB with a daisy chain border folder along two edges - where the pattern overlapped in the corner, it flattened the second flower, so I used a stylus to push it out from the back.
The image is one from Paper Studio that I won in a blogspot prize (thank you to Priscilla from Midnight Madness ). I misted it lightly and coloured with aquacolour crayons, misted again and stamped - I should have used a fraction more mist, but I was pleased with the result.... the definition on the edges of the petals was not good, so out came my rather large stash of pens and I found one to match and ran it around the edges of the petals, and it made a huge difference. Added the yellow for the stamens, sponged the edges from a Kalidecolour Pad, pierced the corners and after stamping the sentiment and embossing it, assembled the card.
As the challenge at Our Creative Corner is for a clean and Simple Card this week, I feel this fits, so two goals achieved in one card :-)
Thanks for calling by, and I really love reading your comments. God bless.