When I started this card for the Midnight Madness Challenge #76 I had in mind a very feminine card, following this option.....
but ended up with a very clean cut masculine card instead. I don't really know what happened - it seemed to develop a mind of it's own.
I was using the dragonfly image from PriscillaStyles Store and printed it twice, cutting out just the wings from the second image. The image was coloured with chalks and then I layered Dimensional Glue over all of the image(s) to give some sheen and depth to them, and mounted the second set of wings over the uncut image, which had been cut out using a Nestabilies Labels 14 die.
The edges were sponged with an aqua ink, and then mounted on another die cut of navy blue card which had been trimmed really close to the edge.
This was mounted onto a panel that had been layered with a punched metallic sheet (the 'waste' from sequin manufacture). I then used my faux nail-heads to add the detail on each corner of that panel and the edges of the card.
The dp on the base of the card is a pale blue with some stripes on it (unfortunately the strong light I photographed in 'washed out' this detail) - they are feathered stripes and give an illusion/suggestion of water - most appropriate as we often see dragonflies over water here.
I am linking this card to:
Thank you for calling, and commenting - your comments are treasured
May you day be blessed