Pages

Monday, August 15, 2016

Something Fishy

Welcome

I had fun playing in the studio the other afternoon, and experimenting with my Magicals - both powders and sprays. Although the finish looks matt in this photograph, there is a lot of mica and shine on the background layer.


I started by sprinkling the powders onto the watercolour paper and spraying it, then sprinkling on more powder - it was fascinating watching all the colours 
emerge.

  

Then came a quick 'blat' with some coordinating colours of spray I purchased in July at the Stamp Expo.  



Next was a brand new MB Large Ringlets die cut, using white card, and then sprayed with silver shimmer spray. The fish was silver embossed and painted with iridescent blue Twinkling H2O's.


I added the silver embossed sentiment onto a circle die cut, edged it with a white signo pen, and sponged all edges with dark blue ink.  The main panel was also embossed with a Lawn Fawn Stitched Borders die on the edges

I am linking this to:


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog - may your day be blessed.
Any comments you may leave are deeply appreciated.
All comments are moderated and spam deleted

20 comments:

Michelle said...

What a gorgeous card!! I adore the background using the sprays and I really want that circle die cut now!! It's an amazing project. Thanks for joining us over at LOC#143 - bubbles. Michelle DT

brenda said...

A super creation and great design Maxine, many thanks for joining our August challenge at Penny Black and More.

B x

Gerrina said...

I missed some beauties due to holls, but scrolled down to enjoy them... Love the heart on the post down here and this one is so beautiful with all the texture and depth! Hope all is well, have a fun summerday!

Mac Mable said...

Gorgeous shiny colours. Love the Lindy's too, they are really special. That circle die works brilliantly with the sea theme. Gorgeous card x.

Dawn T said...

Stunning background Maxine. Love the die as well. All in all, a great card.

aussie aNNie said...

Must be a fresh one Maxine, as it sure doesn't smell fishy to me, love the card.xx {aNNie}

Bunny said...

Great card. Love the colors. My brother would love to receive this card. Thanks for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

SewPaperPaint said...

Super stunning Maxine! I picked this card out of a linkup and just had to take a closer look! Glad to see it was made by you sweet friend! Big hugs, Autumn

Ellibelle said...

This looks gorgeous Maxine! I can see the shimmer on the second photo, so much fun! I have a set of mica powders somewhere collecting dust, might have to dig them out and see if I can try this technique.
Thanks so much for your inspiration and for sharing at Penny Black and More!

MariLynn said...

Pooh fabulous card. Love that die. It is on my wish list. It looks amazing for your under water scene.

Darnell said...

This is a fabulous design, Maxine! I came home with a lot of super Brusho backgrounds from the British retreat and I love this idea for letting the background shine through, especially since you used the mica powders!! Thank you for the inspiration! Hugs, Darnell

Monica said...

Maxine, this is one of my fave cards from you. Oh, how I love the circle dies. And the effect on the paper with the background is amazing. SUPER.

Love,
M

froebelsternchen said...

This is fantastic Maxine - a great card!

Suchi said...

That's one fantastic card Maxine! You may enter in CAS Mix up challenge as well! :)
Suchi xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Very nifty looking! I like all those bubbles and the shine.

Linby said...

This is so effective, love that you did the fish in silver. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black & More.
Lynn x

Jean said...

Stunning creation, love the dies. The background looks amazing on the photo bet it is even a better eye catcher in real life. This card stood out to me whilst browsing.
Thanks for joining in with our challenge Anything Goes over at Glitter'n'Sparkle.
Jean DT xx

Polkadoodles said...

Adoring all that texture! Fab! Thanks for joining in with us over at WeLove2Create challenge this week xx http://welove2create.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/challenge-17-anything-creativemixed.html

Chris said...

So wonderful - love the depth you've created with the coloring technique and layers. So glad you joined us this week at Amusing Challenges and I hope you'll be back!

Olga Fink said...

Gorgeous! Fantastic! I love it!
Xoxo Olga