Pages

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

2017 In Review



Welcome 

 I know I am a wee bit late to be putting this review post up,  but better late than never.
It is always interesting to review your own work, and I find it interesting that some of the cards I was least pleased with, brought the most positive reactions from you, my readers. 


I will link  each card to where it was posted in the month title.



I still love the drama the black and white gives  this card.



Yes, a CASE of the above card, but I still love the cheerful colours and the cute image



I must have been really inspired in March as I had difficulty choosing one to share!



Love this card when I made it, and still love it.



This was one of two box cards I made last year. 
 The recipient loves it so much she still has it on her mantelpiece



The photos never did this card justice, as the shimmer and shine did not show up well.



I really enjoyed using this die set, and the CAS card was appreciated by the recipient.



This was one of several cards I made using nail polish for the background



This is one of several Steampunk style cards I made this past year.



This was made for a local (N.Z.) swap group that I am part of - I really enjoyed making this card.



This card was made using off cuts !! Waste not want not was what i was brought up with ...



The sentiment says is all - Thanks a bunch if you have made it this far.

In retrospect, I see that I am predominantly a CAS card maker...

May your 2018 be filled with pleasure in the small things,
lots of crafty time,
and love those who are near and dear to you - life is fragile.


22 comments:

Dawn T said...

Fabulous Maxine. I've been too busy with the family to do a review either. Maybe next week, when they have gone back home.

Monica said...

Hi Maxine,
All your cards are lovely just like you.

Wish you a happy new year!

Love,

Monica

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, I love your year in review post... gives me a good excuse to drool all over your amazing cards again!

Mac Mable said...

What a wonderfully creative lady you are. Thank you for sharing these hi-lights with us. Here's to a Healthy, Peaceful and Crafty 2018 x

Janet Christensen said...

I love the idea of doing a review. It's fun to look back at what you made over the year. I don't have a blog, but want to do this someplace...hmmm. Thanks for inspiring me.

Ellibelle said...

Such amazing cards Maxine, loving all the details you put into each one of these to make them extra special. Happy New Year to you and wishing you all the best for 2018!

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a lovely collection and I see you are especially good at making gorgeous masculine themed cards
Cheers
Dr Sonia

MiamiKel said...

What a wonderful walk through 2017! It's always hard to pick 'favorites' but yours are certainly wonderful! Here's to another creative year ahead! ♥

Liz said...

TFS some of your 2017 cards and what a lovely selection you've chosen! Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful creations in 2018. xx

froebelsternchen said...

Amazing projects in 2017 - I am looking forward to seeing many of your wonderful cards and makes in 2018 again!
oxo Susi

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh Maxine, what a lovely collection and beautiful inspiring post! I hope 2018 will be even better than the last. Hugs, Autumn

Loll said...

Wonderful selection of your 2017 cards to highlight, Maxine! Looking forward to your makes for this year. Happy New Year to you! xx

MaryH said...

Lovely to revisit a summary of your 2017 work. Bet it was difficult to pick one to showcase in this post, but what a variety of designs you did over the year. I love them all, but my especial favorite is the snippets one of November. I love quilts! (in case you had not guessed!) Well done on this post. TFS & Hugs.

Megan J said...

Hi Maxine, twelve super cards all for different occasions, love that others keep their specially made box cards out for all to see, long after the event. You made some really fabulous cards for blokes too... glad to see a few of my favourite cards of yours that I have plans on case-ing my self. Wishing you a very happy, healthy and crafty New year... have a wonderful week... Megan

Shelly Schmidt said...

Maxine, you have had a great year in creativity! I really am loving all of your choices too! I am hoping you much peace and joy in 2018!!!

Pamellia said...

Hi Maxine. Such a beautiful card! Just wanted to say Happy New Year!! I hope you and yours had a wonderful holiday! Thank you so much for all of your support and inspiration in 2017. May 2018 be a year of crafting, friendship and good health!! sending hugs :)

Neet said...

What a lovely idea to do a review like that. I am afraid I never thought of doing something like that, must have taken you ages going through your posts.
Well, may I wish you a healthy and creative new year, take care
God Bless, Neet xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

wonderful lineup of beautifully created cards mf.
Happy New Year and blessings for continued creative moments.
xx Karen

JD/ Jill said...

All Lovely cards! Hope you have a very Happy and peaceful New Year!

Lovely Linda said...

It has been uite a year Maxine n what a beautiful display of cards you have created during this time. Happy New Year my friend - here is to peace and joy for 2018! xo

My Paper Epiphany said...

What a gorgeous selection of cards! I hope you have a most wonderful and crafty 2018!

Monika Reeck said...

great Review Maxine
I love the November card
so many scrap paper there
and so beautiful fotografy
hugs
Monika