Sorry I have been Missing in Action - it's mid-summer here and I have been doing some much needed work in the gardens in the mornings, before it gets too hot, and then making cards in the afternoon in my air conditioned studio.
I have completed a dozen or more cards, and still have one to make for this month.
I was lacking in inspiration when I went to make this card, so rummaged through my my die cut 'promise box' (I promise I will use these one day)
and decided that this was the day I could use these bits and bobs that played nicely together.
The butterflies were cut from some card randomly painted with gold and emerald green Inka Gold paints. The die is the Pippi butterfly die from Memory Box, this appears to have been discontinued, but this one is very similar
The white layer was one I had embossed when received some unidentified dies - I initially didn't like it as I inadvertently used some light weight textured card, but it fitted with this card, and added some lovely texture. One corner had fallen off, so hence the two rounded corners!
The ribbon is a woven rayon, and did not want to cooperate, so I glued the knot with some glossy accents, and hid the resulting umm,err, blob, with the wing of one of the butterflies.
The die cut sentiment is another, older, Memory Box one, and the soft blue green of the card fitted nicely with the emerald green of the butterflies.
I mounted the finished panel onto the pale gold card, and then discovered I had glued it on the wrong way round, so the card opened from the top... so it got trimmed in half, and I remounted it onto the dark green base, which really framed it out beautifully! A happy mistake.
I did take a photo of the inside with a piece of floral washi tape on it, but the photo was fuzzy :(. Something I cannot correct as the card is at it's intended destination.
I am linking this to:
(The butterfly is an old favourite)