Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2021

Simply Stamped Stacked Circles

Welcome

As promised, a card using an image from our sponsor, Stamp Simply, at the Word Art Wednesday Challenge that started yesterday.  They are generously offering either two stamp sets, or a stamp set and matching dies as a prize. 


I really wanted to feature the fabulous sentiment from the Fear Not set of stamps, so I kept the card somewhat CAS.


I started alternately stacking the red and white die cuts slightly off centre.  That looked rather stark against the background, so I added the ribbon - the red base showed through it, so I attached it to a thin strip of white card before layering it onto the base. 



To add some interest without taking away from the focal point, I added various sized dots of clear Kindy Glitz - I love the finished look


The inside white layer had red ink applied to the edges, and then a strip of the ribbon to one side. 
I love the finished look of this.

I will be away from the computer for the next few days as I will be visiting a family member who is very unwell... please excuse my lack of commenting over that time.

I am linking this to:



25 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Wonderful card, I just love this and suited for any occasion. xxx

creationsnz said...

Love the red with the dotty ribbon and the droplets look fab. CarolG

Claire (Mrs H) said...

Such a clever idea love the effect the off set circles give

brenda said...

Your use of the circles is so effective Maxine and like the striking tone on tone colours.

B x

Suze said...

I like how the layers of circles puts the focus on the sentiment. I have never seen clear Kindy Glitz before although I have used the glitter ones heaps of times. It almost looks like you stepped outside with it in your hand and some stray raindrops fell on it - so realistic.

cotnob said...

A super card Maxine, I love the red and white and all of the layers.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

R's Rue said...

I need this. Thank you 🙏

Janis Lewis said...

Great card and reminder from Scripture. Thanks for joining the fun at Crafting Happiness Challenges. Hope to see more of your projects linked up.
:) Janis, Owner & Design Team

Tracie said...

Very pretty card with such a wonderful sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, this is so creative! I love how you added the clear dots!

Mac Mable said...

I like how you stacked the circles, love the red and white striking colour combination and the droplets look wonderful Maxine x.

Judy McKay said...

I love your design.Pretty card. I will have to try your idea. Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Judy McKay DT TTCRD
In Search of My Creative Side

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love the sentiment, and love the stacked circles!

Jennifrann said...

Great design to showcase that sentiment. Love the red!

sallysbitz2 said...

Smashing card. Love the clear drops x

hugs Sally x

Cinderella said...

Hello Maxine

What a lovely card love the drops on it
Hope You are doing allright
Be safe
Hugs and Creativity
Cinderella
XX

Gerrina said...

I can say I have something with circkles...and this card looks so good!! Hope you had a good weekend! Stay safe and enjoy the little things!

Angela Finch said...

Simple and striking. Thank you for entering the Get Creative Challenge Blog, Angela (DT member)

Irish Cherokee said...

Very creative. Nicely done card as always. Red is a tough color to use but you hit the mark.

Will say a prayer for your relative.

Love, Hugs and Blessings,
Jim

JD/ Jill said...

This is a neat design, Maxine! Thank you for the birthday wishes. I will also be praying for your family member...Hope all goes well.

At Home In New Zealand said...

Just catching up on my blog reading.
I hope your family member has recovered by now and that you are keeping well, yourself. Mxx

Mariann Jakobsen said...

This is so creative 👌 I love the effect with all the layers ❤️

Madison said...

Wonderful card. Thanks for joining us on Digi Choosday atPolkadoodles. Madison x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card design. I love that Bible verse too. Could you check my blog and email me back as soon as you can. Thanks.

Neet said...

The circles layered up like that are so effective. I can see how the addition of the ribbon has created even more interest to the card and of course, it has the Maxine touch inside as well. Lovely.
Blessings, Neet xx