Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2021

Feeling The Blues

Welcome

I have been MIA for a few days as I needed some time-out.  I am now back and ready to go again.

This is my card for the latest Word Art Wednesday Challenge, and our sponsor is
Erin Lee Creative, who is donating a special prize from her store for the winner.


The wonderful word art is available free at the Word Art Wednesday challenge


This was very simply made.  After printing and die cutting the scripture, I sponged the edges with blue ink, and then layered that over a die cut of pale yellow paper.


This was mounted over some beautiful blue paper that the wonderful Ginny Maxam sent me some years ago - this is the second card I have made from the beautiful selection she sent.


I finished the inside with a trimming of the paper, and inked the white panel with a touch of yellow.

I am linking this to :



15 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, your card is so pretty - blue is so popular right now, too. I love the way you used Scripture as the focal part of the card.

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card!

brenda said...

Your card looks lovely in the tone on tone blues Maxine.

B x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Maxine, lovely blues.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Glennis F said...

Beautiful colours Maxine, we all need some time out occasionally

Verna Angerhofer said...

Absolutely gorgeous Maxine! Wonderful scripture verse too!

Mac Mable said...

What a beautiful tonal card Maxine x.

mamapez5 said...

An interesting word art. I love the pale yellow and blue together. Kate x

Gerrina said...

A beautiful shape for your text and I love the background you used! Hugs, Gerrina

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful quote and love the blue. xxx

Melanie Hungerford said...

Very pretty, such a lovely message too. Thank you for sharing with us at the Paper Funday Challenge.

Helen said...

A beautiful use of colour and design for your lovely Scripture!Thanks so much for sharing at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Stay safe! :)

Brenda said...

We all need some time out from time to time, glad you took that time for yourself. This is a beautiful card Maxine, I love the scripture, the paper is stunning and your design is perfect. Lets that scripture shine for sure. Hugs, Brenda

Elizabeth Hart said...

Lovely card with the different hues of blue. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge

Furrbster said...

This is beautiful - love the shades fo blue

Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Moments,

Hugz Tinz