Pages

Monday, February 6, 2023

Seed Heads and Stencilling

Welcome

Today marks the start of a new challenge at We Love Stamping, where the theme is: 
Anything stamped, with an option of add a stencil, keeping the stamping as the focal point.
The sponsor for this challenge is Highlight Crafts, the prize is a fabulous stamp set, and a beautiful die.


I started by inking up an old stencil with my new ink, Memento Angel Wings - I deliberately kept it very soft as I wanted a dreamy look to the card.  I really love making my own backgrounds!

  

The images (a magazine freebie set) were stamped with Twilight Ink, and coloured lightly with my Polychromo pencils


The bee was the only element stamped with black ink, and I coloured his wings with a silver pen, that I  also doodled around the borders of the card with.



The greeting was silver embossed, and some silver sequins added.
  I finished the inside with some silver toned washi on the right side, and also repeated the stencilling on the left inside of the card


The corner of the envelope received the same treatment as the inside of the card, but I used more ink for  better definition of the design, which in all instances, I faded out towards the edge of the stencil.

I am linking this to:

(I love creating my own backgrounds)


21 comments:

brenda said...

The soft colours give a really peaceful feel Maxine and the silver elements all add to that feel.

B x

Dawn T said...

A beautiful card Maxine. So elegant.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

I love how you created this beauty with lots of white space, too, Maxine! It looks fabulous!

jimlynn said...

Love that stenciled background. A lovely, lovely card Maxine!
Lynn

KraftyKoolKat said...

Love everything about this lovely card and envelope Maxine.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Chris said...

I love the soft dreamy look of this beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz this week.
Chris
x

HilaryJane said...

What a wonderful soft and dreamy card. Love it xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A lovely and delicate card, beautifully coloured! Love the soft stencilled background and the matching envelope!

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a beautiful card Maxine

thanks for join us at our kleuren met potloden ch

gr dt karin

Linby said...

A beautiful tranquil feel to this charming card.
Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts this week. Lynn x

Mervi said...

Fabulous and stylish card;-))m

Kathy said...

Such a lovely card and you are so intentional with your work...This beautiful image with the bee just works beautifully...I honestly can't think of anyone I would rather see win the prize at Highlights. There is a follow button at the top of my Where Pearls Lie Deep blog...I think it works not sure yet. But for Sarah this will take you to her website and you can subscribe to her Selah Newsletter. ( I didn't know it when I posted the poem, but that is the poem in her email this past Saturday with a meaningful practice and a prayer...

https://sarahbournscrosby.com/selah

I'm thankful to have a a precious sister on the other side of the world!

Dena J said...

Perfect success in creating the soft, gentle look with just the right amount of sparkle. Thank you for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card! great embossing!

Chrissy said...

Hi Maxine, thanks for stopping by my blog, lovely to meet another kiwi crafter and love your card with those soft gentle colours and I love Bee, anything with Bees is awesome, love the silver embossed sentiment too and stenciled envelope.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Irish Cherokee said...

That soft background is beautiful. The use of a silver pen on the wings gives a realistic look to them. Nice! Great coloring. Someone is going to love this birthday card.

Love, Hugs and Blessings

Becca Sadler said...

Definitely soft and dreamy! Delicate! Pretty! Thanks for sharing at Ally's Angels!--becca/dt

Carol W said...

wow Maxine. Another great card. I love the simplicity of it and the striking effect it created. Well done my friend,

Brenda said...

Wow Maxine, this card is gorgeous! You definitely got that dreamy look with your background. Love that! At first glance I thought you images were die cut, but then I read that you stamped them so had to take another look! They seem to pop off the page, thus why I thought they were die cuts. Love the soft, dreaming look this card has, love the doodling too. Hugs, Brenda

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is STUNNING Maxine, so delicate and with a lovely colour mix, also love the envelope.
Faith x

Neet said...

Such a lot of work has gone into the making of this card. I love the design you chose.
The clover are so pretty as they gently sway and the addition of the little bee and the gems just finish it all off.
Blessings, Neet xx