Pages

Saturday, April 29, 2023

Tractor on Diamonds

Welcome

Another masculine card - relying more on texture this time


The background was based on a video by Natasha Foote, but the embossing was not as marked as I would have liked it - not sure why, but...  to try to emphasis it, I wiped my versa mark ink over it, and poured over copper embossing powder.  


Unfortunately, because the relief pattern was not very high, it stuck to most of the card front, so out came a paint brush and I selectively brushed a lot of it off - not exactly the result I wanted, but I pushed on regardless..


The sentiment was stamped across a small square of white card,  and adhered to one of the background panels - but it really didn't cooperate when I glued it on.


The stamp and die set are from Paper Rose, and I stamped it in Versa Fine Clair Pinecone ink,
 mounted it on a strip of copper paper.  I added a wee piece of the same paper under the opposing corners when I mounted the main panel on the red base.
A strip of the copper paper was used on the insert also, and I layered a trimming from the main panel over it - I know I took a photo of it, but it has disappeared - oh the joys of technology :)

I am linking this to:



22 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Way too cute with this tractor, reminds me of when I was a kid and picking grapes...x

brenda said...

What a fabulous tractor Maxine, great masculine card and know one or two girls who would appreciate it. I'm going to see if it's available in the UK as would suite one or two of our family perfectly.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's a fabulous masculine card, Maxine! The embossed panel made with squares is a clever idea and for me it looks great!

Gerrina said...

A great tractor-image! And so good the combination with the diamond shapes! A real male card. Enjoy the weekend!

jimlynn said...

Great masculine card. I like the embossing and the way you enhanced it too. Fun image!
Lynn

Bonnie Lynn said...

What a great masculine birthday card. Thank you for joining us again at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. Hope to see you again. Bonnie DT

Cynthia said...

Great masculine design, Maxine. Love the tractor image and your background compliments perfectly. Thank you for sharing at Word Art Wednesday this week.

creationsnz said...

I thinks its a great result, I like the distressed look the EP gives. CarolG

Margaret said...

Great masculine card. The background is perfect to show it off.

Billie A said...

Awesome card. Great way to add some texture and color using embossing powder to a few spaces. Great card. Thanks for sharing over at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Dawn T said...

Great masculine card Maxine. Hope you are coping with being in isolation.

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining in with your wonderful project!
DT - Val & Nan x
Creative Inspiration Challenges

dj said...

Fantastic!! Thanks for playing along with our "embossing" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! You rocked the masculine element with your grunge background and big tractor!!
-Deb Horst, DT #C4G320

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I would call your little mistake? artistic licence. It's a Super masculine card with the wonderful tractor.
Faith x

HilaryJane said...

It is so annoying when things don't go as planned, but we would never have known if you hadn't told us. I love the random nature of the embossing on the background and that's a great looking tractor xx

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

I love the background on this card. Such a nice masculine design!

Helen said...

I really like the way your background turned out - perfect for your image and card.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x
DT

Irish Cherokee said...

Cool card! Love farming. The diamond background is a good choice. Reinds me of wire fencing. Love it.

Hugs and Blessings

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Spectacular card! Love all the details. Sorry it gave you so much trouble and that you didn’t give up. I’m delighted to have you playing with the Krafty Chicks All Occasions Challenge this week. Hope you join us again soon.
Diane - DT

Neet said...

Your missing insert sounds delightful - you know how I'm impressed with what you do.
Fabulously masculine background, I actually like the little bits of embossing you can see, it's different but still very effective. It really is a great image you chose too.
Blessings, Neet xx

Catie Cuddles said...

Superb card. Looks so textural.
Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

JD/ Jill said...

Very nicely done! Great design!