Pages

Saturday, January 27, 2024

Leaves and Scraps

Welcome
It's good to be back - albeit slowly...

I never did find my other memory stick, which I have used since the move, so I invested in another one and down loaded some shots today...

This was made as a commissioned card, and it was one of a bundle that I made.  Some were recycled card fronts altered and remounted to freshen them up, one even used an offcut of a commercial card that I liked...  I did the big batch, using these shortcuts, as I was anticipating my left arm being 'out of action' for the first part of February - but that (surgery) has now been delayed until March
Enough about me - here is the card..

The feature panel is the 'waste' from another card, that I cannot see that I blogged, so it is likely on the missing memory stick ... the panel was made using patterned washi tape, and the branch cut from it


The washi is part of a co-ordinating set I was gifted at Christmas


The sentiment was stamped, gold embossed and then mounted over a snippet of gold card


The panels were mounted over an embossed background that I had 'coloured' using the direct to paper technique and Golden Glitz ink.  I finished the front with some champagne half pearls.


I finished the inside with some of the washi tape.

I am linking this to:

I love to garden (the leaf panel) and also recycle when I can
I love pearls, they were one of my first embellishments when I started stamping, and I have always had a soft spot for them - I simply love pearls - unfortunately they don't come in as many colour ways now 


22 comments:

María said...

A gorgeous card. I love that texture on the background and how you've played with the washi tape. The colour combo with these green tones and those golden touches is awesome. Thanks for joining us at My Time To Craft. Hugs, María.

Cinderella said...

Hello Dear Maxine,

Glad to see You here on Your blog.
Hope You are doing well and that You are settled in now .
I love Your card it looks beautiful.
Have a nice weekend
Hugs and Creativity
Cinderella
XX

Chris said...

A gorgeous card in beautiful shades of green (my favourite colour!) love the washi tape panel with the cut out leaf, such a lovely effect.
Thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz.
Chris
x

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, the greenery on this lovely card is perfect.

Anonymous said...

Praying Maxine you're able to have a successful op in God's time and His blessing in interim. Beautiful use of the washi very clever. Praying if His will your memory stick turns up too.
Prayer hugs.
Shaz in Oz.x

HilaryJane said...

This turned out beautifully. Love your use of washi tape and that dark green. So sorry that memory stick hasn't turned up and how frustrating that your surgery has been postponed too. All very frustrating for you xx

At Home In New Zealand said...

I'm sorry to hear your surgery has been delayed - always a bit frustrating when you prepare yourself for something and then it doesn't happen. Hopefully March will be okay - and I often feel our Lord makes the right time for things to happen anyway :) xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful card Maxine, love your negative cut out from the washi tapes, such great effect!

aussie aNNie said...

Amazing and what a gorgeous card this is with this lovely design and colours ♥

Julie said...

Another wonderful card Maxine. Love the different shades of green - one of my favourite colours. I hope they don't push your surgery back any further. xx

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card!

Gerrina said...

Oh wow the background for the leaves look so beautiful! Great colors together! Enjoy your weekend!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Wow - I love your creativity here with the leaves. Fabulous look. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge

EmmaT said...

Fabulous leafy card with lots of interest - gorgeousx

Ellibelle said...

A wonderful design Maxine, loving these colors and what a great way to use the "waste" from another project. Such a great idea!!
Thank you so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

The Crafty Den said...

A really pretty card Maxine. I love your green colour scheme and the die cuts look fantastic. Thank you for sharing with us over at Krafty Chicks challenge. Hugs, Denise x

creationsnz said...

This is a wonderful remake Maxine, and your washi set is fabulous. CarolG

Brenda said...

What a wonderful mix of patterns and colors! Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge! Wishing you well on your surgery and recovery.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! What a gorgeous and clever card Maxine, a great result. Sorry to hear about your memory stick and your delayed surgery, perhaps they'll send for you earlier if they have a cancellation? I hope so for your sake. xx

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at My Time To Craft . Hope to see you again.

Neet said...

So sorry your surgery has been delayed. Roll on March for you. Will be thinking of you nearer the time and praying for your quick return and for the surgeons hands to be blessed whilst operating
Such a lovely card in so many shades of green, the embossing on the back piece is beautiful and i do like how you used your washi tape.
Blessings, Neet xx

Kathy said...

Maxine love how you used the washi tape and then used the piece that was left on this card. You are so adept at using "it" all! I love that. Also I will be praying (written down in my journal) for your arm surgery to be successful so keep us posted. Hugs to you my friend! Kathy