Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Old????

Welcome

I have been intending to post again, but life has moved way faster than me - blame the residual anaesthesia in my system... that sounds better than simply being disorganised.

This card was made for my older brother - who appreciated it!

 

I saw the sentiment on a card online, and the blogger could not find the source of the quote, or a stamp, so she had computer generated it, and so did I... thank you Kathy of Just Branching Out
I also CASED the sketch, but cannot recall where I saw it - the original was feminine, I made mine masculine


The papers are from an old Stampin' Up pad, and are reversable.  I inked the edges of the papers and hand cut sentiment banner with CP Rouge ink, and also inked the 'parcel' with the same ink.
The oval was cut using two oval dies, using the same card as the base.


The parcel and ribbon are stamps from Uniko's latest release, Mid-century Modern Birthday set.
and I 'coloured' the ribbon and bow with Golden Glitz ink


The birthday greet was from the same Uniko set, stamped with the same ink, which was a fabulous match for the Cranberry coloured cardstock I used for the base
 The scrap strips of design paper were used to decorate the inside, and the envelope.

I am linking this to:


18 comments:

Linby said...

Ha ha, that made me laugh, great layout.

brenda said...

A fun sentiment for your Brothers Birthday card Maxine.

B x

Cynthia said...

This is so fun, Maxine. Love the sentiment! It made me chuckle. Great mix of patterns as well. Thank you for sharing at Word Art Wednesday. Take care!

Gerrina said...

It is a great sentiment! And it is so annoying that you still have so many troubles from the surgery! Hope you will recover from that soon! Hugs, Gerrina

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I LOVE this card, it would suit so many of my friends and relatives. I may have to case your card Maxine. A wonderful card. x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How fun card for your Brother's Birthday! Beautiful design.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

JD/ Jill said...

This is a really neat card! Love that sentiment!

Dawn T said...

Fabulous card Maxine. Very cleverly done/

Diane said...

What a fun card, I am sure it made him chuckle!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Word Power!
Diane WP Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Word Power}

Megan J said...

Hi Maxine, nice to see you back again, love the sentiment and sketch you have used. I have my DT hat on today, thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

MY MUSINGS said...

That card is FUNNY!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

LOL! Maxine, that sentiment is so funny. I love it! Great birthday card!!!

Margaret said...

Such a fun card and I love that sentiment. I might have to "borrow" it one of theses days.

Helen said...

Brilliant sentiment and a great card.

Thanks for joining us at Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Cinderella said...

Hell Dear Maxine,

I hope You are doing fine after the surgery .
Your card is lovely and the text I had t laugh about it.
Hugs and Creativity
Cinderella
XX

Renske said...

Haha, such a great sentiment. Love it. Thank you for joining the Polkadoodles challenge this week Good luck with your entry.

Crafty Hugs, Renske Polkadoodles DT.

Kathy said...

Maxine, Love these colors and the "faux" washi using papers inside the card. Smiles, Kathy

Monica said...

Cheeky sentiment and glad your brother appreciated it. Nice layout and design.