Pages

Friday, November 27, 2009

Butterfly and Flower Thanks

I made this card for a specific person and now realise that it also 'qualifies' for the SSCC#14 - giving thanks!!  I do love it when things work out like this.



The dp is a floral design that my Daughter-in-love gave to me, and this is the first time I have used it.

The lace is a couple of strips put back to back - some from my late MIL's stash!  The sentiment is from Kiwistamping (a great one for flower thank you cards). I used a nestie label die to cut out the label and then threaded some red stitched ribbon through to cover the gap between the two pieces of lace.

The flowers were some from a bargin shop, with Kaiser half pearls in the centre, and some stamens that came in a mystery parcel from England earlier in the year.

The butterfly is by Hero Arts, embossed and then painted with twinkling H2O's. There are actually three butterflies folded and layered together which gives wonderful dimension, and does not squash flat when posted - always a bonus.  I finished it off with three very small pearls and one small half pearl on the body.

I do love it when you call by and leave a comment - it is a real blessing to know you have been. 

Have a blessed day.




4 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Wow Maxinre - this is just gorgeous! I love all of the detail you have here - not so CAS this one girl! Great colours - love that DP - so pretty with the flowers and lace - this is one gorgeous card! God bless you Maxine! {{{hugs}}}

Kristine said...

This is beautiful Maxine! :) Love your lace, flowers, that butterfly!! Great job! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges!!

theneon said...

Maxine -- you've incorporated so many special items into this -- it is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! I especially love the flowers and butterfly.

Thanks for sharing with us at SSCC.