Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Teddy Bear and Lace

Greetings to all of you who call by - I do enjoy your visits.


I started this card one afternoon, and left it part way through as I was at a loss as to how to continue. The following day I saw the Card Pattern Sketch #51 , and although I did not immediately think of this card, the idea took root....
                                                                  .... and germinated!!


The Teddy Bear is by Kiwi Stamping I stamped him in Adirondack Espresso ink, and sponged with Adirondack caramel with a wee bit of an unknown red and blue dabbed on with a brush - I cut the coloured image out with a nestiabilities rectangle, and mounted it on a reflective gold paper I had cut with scalloped rectangle, and that was when the blah hit.


The next afternoon I pulled out the gold stars, (a RAK from Linda, aka Lovely Linda, in Australia),  turned the card to the elongated position and then thought that as the card is for a wee girl it needed some lace.... after a fossick through my lace bits and pieces I found this piece - it had been there so long it needed a quick wash - ooops!!


I then assembled the card, adding the sentiment in gold embossing, but was not really satisfied so put it aside again while I did some other work.


Inspiration then hit (again) and I opened up the sewing machine sitting beside me on the bench and ran two rows of stitching around it, and I was really happy with the result!!  It actually looks much better IRL, the photo really does not do it justice :-(.


Thanks for calling by - I do treasure your comments :-)

2 comments:

Lovely Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lovely Linda said...

Hi Maxine - this is adorable and well worth every minute spent on it! I love the lace and the stitching - gorgeous. you are really putting together gorgeous cards my friend - keep them coming! The gold is a gorgeous touch too maxine - it frames that adorable bear beautifully! Thanks for sharing!! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}