Just a quick post tonight - I will edit it tomorrow and put some detail in, but I wanted to get this up for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #40 before it closes. I may have more time than I think I have, but here goes anyway :-)
I did not start out with the sketch in mind, but realised after I thought I had finished it, that I could add a wee bit more and have the challenge nailed....
Here I am to finish the posting - after a good nights sleep.
I started out by giving myself a challenge to use a mid-gray base card - then I saw the teal coloured paper on my desk from a card I had made previously (would you believe that I try to tidy up after each card?). The two colours went together nicely, so I ran the paper through my new cuttlebug folder, Oriental Screen - oops big trouble.
Cheap paper, detailed folder and the surface of the paper cracked and showed the white core - where to now as I am too miserly, or should that be thrifty, to waste the paper.
I had used the Whisper Sugarloaf Green with this paper in the other card, so out it came and I inked up my brayer and brayered over the surface. That was better, but not quite good enough, so I applied the ink pad directly to the surface - success!! and the design now was beautifully highlighted.
I then found a piece of vellum that had a torn edge which inspired me to stamp, emboss and paint the poppies from Stampin' Up's Oh So Lovely set. I have used this technique before and like the result. To fasten the vellum to the card I used three flower brads along the ribbon, making sure I caught the ribbon ends under the outer two brads.
I then wanted to add the sentiment, but did not want to add to the layout, so simply stamped and embossed it over the stems - not a bad result from an experiment!!
I thought the card was finished , but then saw the Midnight Madness sketch challenge and I could not resist adding to it, so I cut a rectangle using a nestability die, embossed it and sponged the edge with the sugarloaf green ink (Not sure where the green comes in as the photo is very true to colour!) while it was still in the die I also stamped the poppies, making sure that the image on the left was placed so I could slide it under the image on the vellum.
Painted the poppies using my twinkling H2O's, mounted it on black card and decided to leave the edge at the bottom broader. Slipped this under the original image and adhered it, then added the bling and it went from an o.k. card to one I am very proud of!
Thank youu for calling by - I do enjoy you visiting and love your comments - I am a bit of a junkie, and when I get comments I get a real buzz!