Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Production line...

Hello to all my visitors and cyber friends.




As I mentioned in my last post, I loved the sketch that I used for that card, so I continued on in the same vein, initially almost identically, as I had all the materials on my desk, and I believe in labour saving where ever possible.


The main point of difference is that I used a  digi stamp of Party Hat Cocoa  from Sweet 'n' Sassy Stamps.  I coloured him with S.U. coloured pencils, and then water blended them.                                             



To add some bling to the card I highlighted the image with stickles and also added them around the edge of the image to create a frame.


I had a certain young girls birthday in mind when I made this card.  She is a very feminine lass and loves 'cute' images, so this fits the bill for her.




The next card I changed the colour way to green and gold, but followed pretty much the same sketch, apart from shortening the main panel that the image is mounted on, and placing the ribbon further down the page. the gold paper had lots of texture as it is a handmade paper so it was not put through the cuttlebug.   I sponged the edges of the panels and the base card with Memento Bamboo Shoot ink.  


The image is another Cocoa image - Peek-A-Boo Cocoa.  Coloured and blended as on the first card, and with gold stickles to frame him.


A good afternoons work that I was happy with, although I must add that I don't usually make 'production - line' cards, but life is a bit fraught at the moment and these needed to be made, so I took the route of speed rather than great creativity!!


Thanks for calling by, and I treasure any comments that you may leave.


Have a great day.



1 comment:

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Maxine - these are adorable!! I love that image and you have used it beautifully on both cards! Gorgeous colours and details! Love them!! I love using the leftover materials in deofferent ways - all helps keep the desk clean! LOL! Thanks for sharing! {{{hugs}}}