Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Layers of Color Fun

Welcome back - again, yes, I am on a roll.  I got several cards finished over the weekend, and another couple today.  This one is from the weekend.


I decided that I wanted to play with one of the Layers of Color (LOC) stencils that I bought I while ago, so after a quick fossick in the drawer I came up with the Delicious Dots Stencil, and the Merci Bouquet stamps - both of which are overdue to be 'christened' :-) - and this is the result.


This card was not without it's 'oops' moments, but overall I was pleased with the outcome.  








 It was thanks to one of those moments that the image of the flowers was cut out and mounted over the top of the urn, and the placement of the sentiment was the result of another.








The flowers were painted using  twinkling H2O paints - they give a wonderful sheen to the colour that is not always immediately apparent.




Materials used:
Layers of Color:  Art Stencil - Delicious Dots, Stamp set Merci Bouquet.
Inks: Memento Bamboo Leaves and Tuxedo Black, Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid, Clear Embossing
Paints: Twinkling H2Os.
Ribbon, Gold embossing powder, white and pink cardstock.


I am linking this to:
Creative Inspirations - Wednesdays' Challenge #79, 2 or more stamped images
The Corrosive Challenge - use unused 'stash'

Thanks for calling by and I am encouraged when you comment - it is very much appreciated.


May your day be blessed.

3 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Maxine - this is fabulous! I love the Art Stencil and the Merci Bouuet - they are perfect together!! Gorgeous shimmer and dimension! Love this - thanks for sharing! {{{hugs}}}

Melisa Waldorf said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! Maxine that is a gorgeous background you created! Love it!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Oh, MY GRACIOUS!!! Marvelous card, Maxine!!! I adore the feminine qualities, the design, how you cut out the bouquet, and the creative angle of the sentiment. I could see this in an artsy specialty shop! I'm adding it the SNR gallery on Layers of Color!