Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

Butterfly Blues

Welcome.

When I made my DT card using the blue vellum butterflies from Stamp Art Design I had one butterfly over, so I decided I had to use it!  
This is the result.


I wanted to try a technique I had seen online (but can't remember where). I did not have the exact supplies so I improvised by sliding the pads on a kaleidacolor Blue Breeze stamp pad together, stamping that onto an acrylic block, lightly spritzing it with water then stamping it onto card.  I was quite pleased with the resulting ombre effect.  This in turn was sprayed with silver shimmer mist.


I fiddled for ages to get a pleasing look to the card, eventually layering the ombre panel over some glitter card, and adding a silver ribbon too.


The sentiment was stamped with one of the inks from the multi coloured pad, cut and sponged before it was removed from the die.


The final details were the white  liquid pearls on the butterfly body and die cut, and the doodled edge.

I am linking this to:

Thank  you for visiting - any comments you may leave are deeply appreciated
May your day be blessed

20 comments:

Dawn T said...

Just delightful Maxine. Your butterfly is fabulous.

aussie aNNie said...

DELIGHTFULLY gorgeous card Maxine and well use of the leftover butterfly. Loving the beautiful colours used as well as the beautiful placed goodies.xx
♥aNNie
The Journey is the Start

Unknown said...

Maxine,
For some reason I am totally taken with the butterfly. The layout and textures as well as the blues are wonderful but that butterfly is magnificent. Praying you have a fun day filled with love and happiness. Thank you for joining our 149th challenge at Word Art Wednesday.

Carole Robb Bisson

Mom2Two (Jenni) said...

Your vellum butterfly is gorgeous! I'm going to have to keep that in mind for myself! Unfortunately our challenge is for a "winter" theme. We hope to see you during our next challenge!

jimlynn said...

Well, blue is my favorite color!!! But no matter, because this would be beautiful in any color! Love the way you did the panel on here too. Really gives it a different look - and so pretty.
Lynn

mamapez5 said...

This is a very pretty layout. i like your blue background paper that you made, and the butterfly has a lovely soft feel to it. Kate x

Dewi Lestari said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for joining at Whimsy Stamps: Monochromatic
Hugs
Dewi

Lovely Linda said...

Very nice Maxine - love the ombre effect - the Kaleidacolor Inks pads are perfect for that - once again - great details! {{{hugs}}}

Becky said...

This came out beautiful! Love the blues and love the blue sparkle paper.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such a pretty monochromatic birthday card! Dazzling!

aussie aNNie said...

Had a chuckle at your comment Maxine, No I have never been a florist but always played with making arrangements etc for weddings and people...something I always love to do..xxx

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely cards!

Cynthia said...

Love the softness of the vellum butterfly, Maxine! I often forget to pull out my vellum. Thanks for the inspiration!

Nadine Carlier said...

Such a pretty card Maxine!

Robin Parker said...

Very nicely done on the ombre look. Thanks for sharing on the Delightful Challenge of Simple Times.

Sarah-Jane said...

Great card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Divas by Design. I hope you will join in with our next challenge.
Sarah-Jane x

8kidsandstillfindtimetocraft said...

Beautiful creation ..Thankyou for joining us at the crafty girls challenge blog..good luck ..Anita DT

nnalorac said...

Beautiful card and lovely birthday stamp. Thanks for sharing on AYLI. Carol xx

Zw@@n said...

Thank you for joining us with this gorgeous card at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

Suzette said...

Fantastic creation, thank you so much for joining us over at As you like it Challenge.

Suzette x