Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Plum Honey Comb and a Purple Butterfly

Welcome

I have had a flat period where my mojo has departed, so any cards I have made have been variations on previous ones... not good.  So last night I went to Pinterest and looked at the cards I have pinned from there, and today I flew.  This card is a CASE of  a CASE I have discovered, after following the pin to its source


I took the hexagonal shapes, (cut from some card from a DCWV Metallic Stack) but cut more of them, and positioned them slightly apart.


I positioned the sentiment (a retired stamp from The Crafts Meow) differently, embossed it, and added an off-cut and pearls underneath it, that was not on the original.


The butterfly (a retired image form Layers of Color) was stamped on glossy purple paper and embossed with lavender ep.

The card stock that I used as the base is a pale gray card that is made from recycled material, and it has a fine, slightly darker fleck in it - something a bit different that adds interest to the card.


Another off-cut was used at the bottom of the inside of the card, and another butterfly stamped in Memento Lulu Lavender ink


This butterfly was stamped on the facing page of the insert, and I have shown it at this size to show the wonderful detail it has.

I am linking this to:



16 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant card Maxine with just enough beauty and colours. Lovely butterfly and design used as well.xxx
aNNie The Journey is the Start


Unknown said...

Maxine,
This card is so many things, clean, dramatic and the Butterfly makes it so whimsically sweet. Thank you for posting art with us this week during our 151st challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Sending you happy hugs, smiles full of sunshine, and many blessings as you work and play.

Carole Robb Bisson

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

So clean and simple

mamapez5 said...

Your mojo is right back now. This is a very simple yet elegant card. I love the hexagons. They appeal to the mathematical side of me, and the butterfly is so pretty. Kate x

Irish Cherokee said...

My goodness. Beautiful CAS card Wonderful Butterfly in lavender.

Blessings
Jim

MaryH said...

Maxine, I really like all these luscious textures you've got on this card. The hexagons looked like a burlap at first, until I read your how-to. Your design is so modern and very art-feeling. I LIKE it lots! Beautiful butterfly and I really enjoyed the way you've added a tie-in element on the inside. Happy wkend & TFS

Barb said...

Very nice and very unique Thanks for sharing with us at the Brown Sugar challenge. Barb

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card. so Happy to see you got your mojo back with this nicely done card. I often go through that...I have such dry spells sometimes...it feels like I have never made a card at all.

Lovely Linda said...

Hi there Maxine - I love the shimmer on this and those hexagons - they are divine. Butterflies are always fabulous on cards - love it! Glad your mojo is back! {{{hugs}}}

Blossom Cards said...

lovely card thanks for sharing with BROWN SUGAR this week Rachel dt

Shelly Schmidt said...

LOVE this card idea! The soft purple is awesome- loving the inside of the card as well!

Anonymous said...

Great shimmer on this lovely card Maxine! Thank you for sharing with us at A Creative Need.

Desire Fourie said...

This is a beautiful creation with great details. Love the colours and embellishments. All the elements work so well together. It is perfect for our 15th ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Art by Miran Showcase DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Dawn T said...

Missed this the other day Maxine. Lovely card.

Sandy said...

A lovely CAS card! Like your colors!
Thanks for playingg with Hanna&Friends.
Hugs

Kim said...

fabulous card, love the effect. Thanks for joining us at the CraftyCatz challenge. Kim x