Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

An Embossed Black Background

Welcome

Another week has rolled around, and it's time for anew challenge over at Word Art Wednesday - and the scripture this week is from Isaiah 28 v29.

I decided to make an elongated card with this scripture, and to go a bit grungy so it could be used for a man or woman. 


I started with by halving a rich cream piece of A4 card width-wise,  then folding one of the pieces lengthwise.

Over this was layered a piece of black card that I had stencilled through a crocodile stencil by T.H. with Versamark ink, then embossed  with clear embossing powder. 


Before adhering this to the base, I tied some rough twine around one end.



The scripture was trimmed and layered onto some corrugated card - it had been smooth on both sides, so I tore off the outer layer on one side, leaving it a bit rough - 
one end was also roughly cut on an angle.

I kept the card simple so the scripture could take the eye, but I love how the textures have come together to give this some character. 

I am linking this to:


17 comments:

Glennis F said...

A lovely card Maxine, I like the 'grungy' look!

Monica said...

It sure is universal and very grungy which is just as right. Loving how twine and corrugated cardboard have been combined together.

Love,
Monica

Neet said...

I love how you have layered this quote Maxine an I just adore the way the stencil has turned out. I would never have thought of using Versamark like that through a stencil on the black card and then clear ep on top. It looks fabulous! Thanks for the tip/idea - something I must try out.
Blessings, Neet xx

ike said...

That is really cool. Great layout design and super wet embossing :-)
Thank you very much for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! Awesome textures on this gorgeous card, Maxine!

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful texture and love the black clear embossing and the shape of the card is different and so eye catching x Gorgeous card x.

Gerrina said...

so unusual to see the carton and glinster together, but it looks so good together! Hugs, Gerrina

Karen Letchworth said...

I love the black background texture. I missed seeing that in the original photo I posted. I know that (in most cases) art is much more beautiful in real life. I always enjoy your embossing skills (something I lack). This is really a cool project and showcases the scripture beautifully. Have a blessed week, my dear friend.
Blessings,
karen

ScrappyHorses said...

Such a great card! The embossing is stunning and the corrugated card adds so much texture with the twine! Very becoming fonts for a wonderful verse! So happy you shared with us at Digi Choosday! ~Katrina

brenda said...

A really striking creation and very effective embossing. B x

jimlynn said...

Absolutely beautiful!!
Lynn

Dawn T said...

Great grungy card with a great sentiment. It really is a great mixed media card

Zowie Dixon said...

Great card! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.
Hugs, Zowie.
TTCRD DT
Crafts from the Fairy Den {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- this is so cool Maxine! I love the embossing you added on the black panel, and the textured card behind the sentiment. Fabulous!

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous grungy card.
The ADU is the May challenge not sure what you meant in your comment.xx

Sall said...

THe embossed background is fabulous and I shall be trying that. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

Heather said...

Oh, yes, all the different textures are fabulous!! Great card, and I think it definitely could be used for either a man or woman! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.