Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Swapping Double Points

Welcome

It's been longer than I intended between posts, but life happens! I have been very busy in the studio creating, but have not had much time in the evenings to blog or visit - thankfully we have had some rain today, so I did not have to water the gardens. 
I have also been busy cooking a freezing garden goodies!

This card was made for my small Kiwi swap group, and the challenge was to make a double point card - a new 'fold' to me, but a lot of fun to make.


My center panels were cut using a S/B Floral Oval die set, and each layer was sponged with Delicata Golden Glitz ink


Some of the shimmer can be seen here, as can the sparkle on the dragonfly die cut


The spray of flowers and the sentiment are magazine freebies.  The floral stamp was reluctant to take the ink from my watercolour markers until after I had used some stamping inks on it, so the above has numerous layers of stamping and gentle sprays of water on it!  The 'hello' was stamped on a panel because of an 'oops', but I like the extra definition it gives. 


The double point layer was added to a tent fold card, where I used the floral spray again on the inside, and it stamped much better there.  I was very glad for my misti for all the repeat stamping I had to do with this image!

I am linking this to:

(I delayed making this card as the fold was somewhat out of my comfort zone)





24 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Oh this is so springlike --- I love it! Beautiful designed Maxine!
Big hugs, Susi

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Glad to hear of rain, Maxine, been praying for you over there. We've had some tol, thank the Lord.
Will pray on tho.
Love these colours together yet use them do rarely. Lovely design too.
Beautiful touches!
Thanks for sharing, and may God bless you.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

cotnob said...

Such a pretty card Maxine, a super fold and pretty centre panel.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Lori m said...

Beautiful card, love the diecut, stamp and dragon fly, very pretty.
Hugs, Lori m
IKE’s World Challenges Design Team Member
My blog: LittlemsCraftedMind.blogspot.com
Thank you, for playing along in IKE’s World Challenges!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, this is so pretty - and sparkly!

Mia said...

This is a lovely card, Maxine. Beautiful shape and I love the green/yellow colors you used. Hugs, my dear friend.

jimlynn said...

Never heard of that fold before but your card is just beautiful Maxine.
So pretty.
Lynn

SewPaperPaint said...

This is so beautiful Maxine! What incredible detail. Hugs, Autumn

Brenda said...

You double point card is just beautiful Maxine! I love your color combo, so summery and happy feeling. The shape you chose to be in the center is fun and works perfectly. Love your little scene you created on it, again so fun, so summery. The inside is equally beautiful as well! This is a fun card to make isn't it?! Hugs, Brenda

aussie aNNie said...

Great card Maxine, lovely fold and awesome colours here..a fold I plan to make but haven't as yet..xxx

Dawn T said...

Just beautiful Maxine. I really loved making a card using this card fold.

mamapez5 said...

Mistis are brilliant aren't they. It was one of my best buys.
Lovely Spring colours in today's cards tough i guess it isn't spring for you?
It is a good layout and I particularly like oval shapes for 'toppers'. A lovely card. Kate x

Sue said...

Great card and fold love the colour thanks for sharing with us at Polkadoodles DigiChooseday hugs Sue x

Sue said...

This is so pretty, Maxine. Fab design and colours x

Mac Mable said...

A striking fold card, which is so very pretty. I am glad you got some rain x.

stampingbowd said...

What a super fun point card! I love your sparkling dragonfly! I am loving the yellow and green! So pretty.

Sheryl said...

Great design and beautiful Spring colours.
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl
TTCRD DT
Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}

Deanne Saunders said...

Lovely creation!!! Thank-you so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge. Hope to see your beautiful creations in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! I want to take a moment today to tell you that you are an awesome artist! Happy International Women’s Day!.
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Gerrina said...

LLove the yellow and green together! And had never heard of a double point fold, but it looks good! And life has put a hold on me on looking and commenting...so very late... Hugs, Gerrina

Arty Divas said...

Gorgeous Maxine!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Arty Divas this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.

Hugs, Zowie xx

Arty Divas DT

Crafts from the Fairy Den {My Blog}

MagsB said...

This is so very pretty, Maxine! What an interesting fold, and such gorgeous spring colours! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

love Mags B x

ike said...

That's a lovely card and such an unusual design. Great way to cover the 'oopsie' :-)
Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
Hugz
IKE

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

valscraftings said...

Fabulous card and design! Thank you for joining in at IKEsWORLD Challenges. DT Val x

Ellibelle said...

So very beautiful Maxine. Loving the design and pretty colors!
Thank you so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge where it all about Spring!
Ellibelle's Corner