Pages

Friday, June 19, 2020

Bejeweled Butterflies

Welcome,
And a special welcome to Margaret who has started to follow me.
Margaret, if you have a blog, please let me know as I would love to be able to follow you back.

I made this card for a young woman, starting with the vibrant yellow piece of card, which was from another card I received years ago, and I always thought I could re-use the panel!


I selected the red card as the base, and decided to add some dimensional butterflies to the printed layer, so cut three butterflies from the same red card, and three from vellum


The three red rhinestones finished them nicely


The sentiment was white embossed on another snippet of the red, which was then cut into a fishtail banner shape. (The sentiment stamp was a magazine freebie)


As the front panel was fairly heavy, I lined the inside with some light cardstock already stamped off the edge with a butterfly stamp in yellow ink.

I am linking this to:



18 comments:

Glennis F said...

I love the layered butterflies on your card Maxine - a great effect

Elaine Stark said...

A delightful card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

cotnob said...

A pretty card Maxine, lovely butterflies and I like how you have decorated the inside as well.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, your layered butterflies are gorgeous! Lovely card!

jimlynn said...

Pretty yellow - and pretty butterflies - make a beautiful card!!! Love the gems on the butterflies too.
Lynn

Kelly Schelske said...

Love the layered butterflies, so pretty!

Thank you for joining us this week at Creative Knockouts! Good luck!

Stevenson Q said...

Oh how joyful and festive the colors you used here Maxine! Those papet cut butterflies remind me of the rosettes that my Aunt cooks with such a beautiful butterfly shape!

Happy Weekend dearest Maxine!

Monica said...

The butterflies look beautiful, Maxine and the bright hues are just what we need. Such a striking card.

Love,
Monica

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous card, impressive and lovely design/x

At Home In New Zealand said...

Hi Maxine, love the cards that you make. I'm your Margaret LOL - you already do follow my blog (that is how I found you). Enjoy your day :)

Di said...

Lovely card as always Maxine - those layered butterflies on such a cheerful card are just what we need right now!

Hugs

Di xx

Suze said...

Gorgeous butterfly card Maxine. I like the continuation of the butterflies on to the inner.

Ginny Maxam said...

Pretty, Pretty card Maxine, the butterflies are so delicate!
Hugs,Ginny M

Ellibelle said...

Such a beautiful butterfly card and loving how you stamped the butterflies inside!
Thanks so much for joining in at my Monthly Crafty Wednesday challenge where it's all about the Summer Garden!
Ellibelle's Corner

MiamiKel said...

Oh such a LOVELY butterfly card with the bling and cheerful colors - gorgeous, my friend! xx

Darlene LeTavec said...

Maxine, the layered butterflies are simply gorgeous! Such vibrant colours too! The inside is perfect. Nicely done!
~Darlene

jenny Ginger Ninja Crafts said...

beautiful butterflies for a lovely card. Thanks so much for joining us for the Aud Sentiments Challenge.
Jenny Ginger Ninja Crafts xx
https://gingerninjacrafts.wordpress.com/

Crafting Andy said...

What a lovely bright card. Love the butterflies. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.x