Pages

Friday, June 26, 2020

Caffinated Birthday

 Welcome

It has been way longer than I intended between posts - something called life has got in the way!

The background is one I made for the class - this time using water based markers, then brushing over them with a wet brush to blend the colours.  When that was dry I sprayed it with water, left it for a few seconds and blotted off the re-activated ink. 


I was going to use the panel with the green/blue at the base, but there was a very 'busy' blotted area that reminded me of steam, so I turned the panel up the other way.  A great, very technical, way to design! 


The cup and hearts die (unidentified) has been begging to be used, so it had it's day, finally.


I cut it from the same cream coloured card as the base of the card, and the parts placed back in after colouring - the hearts also got a layer  of iridescent medium.


The sentiment was stamped using a magazine freebie, and hand cut into a banner. 


The two rows of pearls and the two layers of ribbon finished the outside of the  card


On the inside I glued a trimming from the main panel.

I am linking this to:



20 comments:

brenda said...

A really delightful creation as always Maxine.

B x

cotnob said...

This is pretty Maxine, a fabulous background.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

aussie aNNie said...

Love this Maxine and the added colours are amazing as always. Enjoy your weekend.x

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, this is soooo pretty! Lovely background!

Ginny Maxam said...

Lovely Card Maxine! Your watercolor background came out great. I need to give this a try. Love the ribbons and pearls too.
Hugs,
Ginny M

jimlynn said...

Beautiful background. Love the way you blended the colors together. Fabulous card Maxine.
Lynn

Stevenson Q said...

Oh those pearls gave a great accent dear Maxine! But those silver hearts captured me! Coffee Smoke clouds with silver linings as they say :)

Esther Asbury said...

What a fun striped background you've created with markers and water! Thanks for playing along at The House That Stamps Built!

Gerrina said...

The background is so beautful1 And love the colours on top with the little glinster that makes it so festive... Enjoy your weekend!

mamapez5 said...

You use so many different ways to make a background and they are all so effective. It is a nice simple die and I like the way you have used it. x

Mac Mable said...

Great use of the 'steam' Maxine....LOL x. A glorious coffee card with a fabulous background and design x.

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Amazing card, I love yours design.
Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards
Danka
TTCRD
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

Heather said...

Oooo . . . what a fabulous background!!! I can see the bit of steam, so great idea to flip the background that way! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Elizabeth Hart said...

Fabulous card and I love the little hearts creating the steam - very cute. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Monica said...

What an easy and yet so beautiful technique. I am going to try it for sure. In fact I may case this card. Thank you for the inspiration you provide. I love this card.

Monica xxx

creationsnz said...

Yes, it does look like steam. I like your clever layering of the ribbon too. CarolG

Nance said...

Lovely colorful card. Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge.

JD/ Jill said...

Yes! Life does get in the way sometimes. I haven't made a card for a long time now. I finally feel like trying to make a card. But it seems like something else always takes my time for something else.

I really do like this cute card! Very creative!

Suze said...

Like your gap in postings, I am a bit the same way with commenting! I like how different this background this is from the other one you did. Lovely card Maxine.

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

What a great project! So pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Choosday good luck and hope to see you again!

Jennifer, DT
You can also find me on Instagram!