Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2021

Purple Friendship

Welcome

This is the card I made for a card swap I participate in - it is a small, local, group and each month the swap involves a challenge. This months challenge was to use nesting dies for the base, and a nice sentiment on the front.  


I cut my base using the largest die in the S/B Romantic Rectangles set (discontinued), in a soft purple cardstock

I then cut the next size down in vellum, and stamped and embossed it in WOW Gold Metallic, Rich ep



The sentiment stamp is by a New Zealand firm, Rubbadubbadoo., but I have had it for many years, and I cannot find it on their site now, so it is likely discontinued.
I mounted it over a small rectangle of white cardstock to highlight the words, and then layered it onto the larger die-cut, using foam tape to lift it slightly.



The card was finished with a tiny strip of gold ribbon with a 'faux' bow, and some flat back pearls .

As the coloured card was fairly light, I used a stronger white card for the back, and also layered some more white card on the back of the purple layer, which hid the ends of the ribbon too.

This was a real stash-buster card!

I am linking this to: 




22 comments:

Dawn T said...

It's even more impressive in real life Maxine. I'm lucky to be the recipient of this one. Thanks so much

cotnob said...

A pretty card Maxine, beautiful dies and fabulous sentiment.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Lee said...

I always love embossing on vellum and that WOW is WOW!! Thanks so much for joining us at Beyond the Blue!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card Maxine with the gorgeous embossing. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Maxine, back again, this is so lovely, your gorgeous colours and design work well together... . Many thanks for your entry at Polkadoodles Challenge Look forward to see you enter our next challenge. aNNie DT Member
https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

mamapez5 said...

Lots to like here. lovely colour, very pretty die set and nice sentiment. Added together makes one very lovely card. Kate x

Ellibelle said...

It's beautiful, Maxine. Such great details and a beautiful quote!
Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Claire said...

Love the softness of this

R's Rue said...

I love what you create. Have a beautiful day.

Kristine said...

Such an elegant card, love the embossing, love the fancy border dies, and love the stamp co. name 🤣

Happy INKING,
KrisB

Stevenson Q said...

Oh this is beautiful! My Mom would love this and so as my Aunt because they love the color purple so much! I s well love it especially with Gold as you did! I am so amazed by those embossed lettering!

Carol W said...

This card is so soft and pretty Maxine. Beautiful

Becca Sadler said...

Maxine: Love the lavender and the wonderful way you met your challenges! Whoever in your swap group gets this, will be very blessed!

Brenda said...

What a beautiful card Maxine! I love those dies you used-such a beautiful border. The sentiment is fabulous on the vellum embossed in gold, the white card makes it pop but still keeps that soft look. Love this one! Hugs, Brenda

tilly said...

I love the die and so sweet in lilac with a lovely verse, thank you for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge, Tilly

Irish Cherokee said...

Love the die cuts you chose. The sentiment is true. More people should hear this and practice it.

Hugs and Blessings,
Jim

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the die cuts used for the panels and that is a wonderful sentiment too! Such a beautiful card.

Neet said...

Such beautiful dies you used - nesting too. I love the edges they give, I wonder if you could weave ribbon through them for a different look. Not that your card needs anything else, the edges are perfect on their own and I do like how you have used the sentiment which is lovely.
Blessings, Neet xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Beautiful sentiment and such a lovely creation. Those lacy frames are fabulous. I must fish mine out again for a play soon. Hugs, Wends xoxo

JD/ Jill said...

Great card with a wonderful sentiment!

Ana said...

Such a nice and elegant card!
Thanks for linking up at Polkadoodles Anything goes card making and crafting challenge – Week 26.
Ana

stampingbowd said...

This is beautiful! I love the sentiment in gold. The framing is so elegant. A beautiful card!