Pages

Friday, August 13, 2021

A Farewell

Welcome

Earlier in the year I was asked to make a card for a farewell for a couple who had pastored our church.
I made a large (A4) composite card, using images that they could relate to


The 'patchwork' represented the wife's love of that craft - 
All the papers I used were from the one set that I bought years ago from a discount store


The garden barrow and flowers reflects the husbands love of gardening - he would call it his "brain dead Olympics"  - implying that this was something he could do that did not require much thought.
I stamped and embossed the barrow with Platinum EP, stamped, coloured and fussy cut the flowers three times, and inserted them into a slit I had cut in the barrow. 


The trees were representative of the district - we are a forestry town with a paper mill.  The trees were a Christmas set that I embossed in the same platinum ep, although they show silver in this photo


The sentiments were die cut from silver sparkle card



As there was need for a lot of space for people to write in the card, I inserted several sheets of copy paper between the two full sheets of card.  After adhering them all together, I punched a couple of holes and added a silver ribbon bow. 


 To finish the card completely I added silver faux stitching around the edges.

Thank you all for your expressions of concern re my hand - just as I was over the worst, I stumbled on a raised lip on a concrete footpath when out walking yesterday and fell, this time my right hand took the brunt and was grazed and bruised, just to balance things up - what a week!

I am linking this to:



19 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Evening Maxine, what a gorgeous farewell card you have designed. I love the beautiful papers, faux stitching and beautiful design. xx

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Maxine, lots of fabulous details - it sounds like you are really in the wars at the moment, I hope you are on the mend.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, this is not just a beautiful card, it is a fabulous work of art. So many gorgeous details.

Mac Mable said...

Such a thoughtful card and so personal for the couple. Ooch that sounded painful with the fall ....Take care Maxine x.

Crafting Queen said...

wonderful card. thank you for joining TTCRD challenge. anesha

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Glennis F said...

You have put a lot of thought into this one, I am sure thy loved it

mamapez5 said...

Oh dear. Some weeks seem to go like that. Hope everything is back to normal soon.
The card is great. I love the patchwork square and the way you have used images that are special to each of them. I have occasionally been asked to make large cards for the church members to all sign and I find it quite daunting at first. But I think you have done a splendid job and they will keep it for years to remind them of happy times at your church.Kate x

Gerrina said...

A good way to get more wisses in and I love what you did with the patterned papers! Hope you are having a good weekend!

Brenda said...

Oh Maxine, I'm so sorry to hear of your fall!!! It happens so fast doesn't it?! I hope your hand is ok and glad that you didn't break your wrist or hurt yourself very much. Those dang raised lips will get you every time, or at least they do me! I guess I need to learn to pick up my feet better. Your card is beautiful, I love that you personalized it to the couple. I also love that you added in many sheets for everyone to be able to sign the card for this couple. Such a great idea! Hugs, Brenda

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this beautiful card and how each image has so much meaning included! How thoughtful of you- they are sure to enjoy it!

brenda said...

Such a well thought out personalised and special card Maxine. B x

Rose Andrew said...

Fabalous card .. love all the details
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Craft Challenge
Good Luck
Rose DT

Shandy Davis said...

this is beautiful card and the detail you added with the flowers in the barrow and the stitching down the edge and gorgeous patchwork piece, thank you for joining us at Paper Funday,Shandy,DT

Carol W said...

WOW WOW WOW what a wonderful card. Each image or item on the card has so much meaning. You did a beautiful job with this and I am sure everyone was happy with the outcome of the card. Great job.

Billie A said...

Pretty card. Great image and so glad you shared over at Crafty Sentiments.

Neet said...

What a wonderful idea to insert several layers for people to write upon. I would never have thought of that. Ingenious.
The card itself is beautiful - and I love how you incorporated all the things relating to the couple.
I am sure this will be treasured by them forever.
Blessings, Neet xx

Victoria Rowson said...

Beautiful creation!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog. I hope you can join us again soon.
Victoria DT

Rocky said...

What a fab card, to bring all the personal bits together like that makes for one amazing card. Thank you for joining us at Paper Funday.