Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Sparkly 100

Welcome

I am afraid that this will be slow to read as I am typing one handed, thanks to an altercation with my cat, involving him catching his claw in my cuff, and getting agitated and biting me on the back of my hand... This will limit my computer time, and I may not visit blogs for a wee while as it heals. 

I was asked to make this for a founding member of my local Embroiderer's Guild - although unable to take part in guild activities now, she retains a good interest in it, and we wished to celebrate her momentous 100th birthday. 


As there are many members who remember her, I was asked to make a larger card so it could be signed my many - so this is an A5 card, double my usual size of A6. 


I die cut the numbers out of gold sparkle card, glued them onto red card, and then cut a 'shadow' for them to make them stand out more


I used a large stamp for the greeting, using glitter gold embossing powder, and coloured the centre of the letters with a red pen.


The Corner Tulip stamp, by Divinity Designs,  was embossed with the same glitter gold embossing powder, and water coloured.  I then trimmed the edge of the card up to the edge of the flowers. 

The layers were then all mounted on the card base, repeating the red layer for cohesion.


To finish I repeated the tulip stamp inside in red ink. 


I am linking this to:
(my usual style is basically CAS with a bit of extra)



22 comments:

R's Rue said...

Beautiful card my friend. Praying for healing and a speedy recovery. Love to you.

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Maxine, an elegant design.
Sorry to hear that you had an altercation with your cat, it sounds painful - I hope you heal quickly.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mac Mable said...

So feminine and such a shimmery and wonderful card. What an achievement too x. Sorry to hear about your hand Maxine, take care x.

brenda said...

Rather late visiting, haven't been in an ideal crafty mood, but it's a lovely creation as always.

B x

Gerrina said...

Read it in a hurry (short tea-break in my work) so no worries there! Sorry to hear that you had a non-pleasant adventure with your cat...sometimes those things happen...Like how you play with the glitter-gold; gives a nice ballance to the card! Hugs, Gerrina

Ellibelle said...

What a beautiful card for this special birthday! The golden accents are stunning and love the flowers on this beautiful design!
I'm sorry to hear about your injury! Hope you heal quickly!
xEllie
Ellibelle's Corner

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a beautiful card you made for your friend on her 100th birthday!

Ellibelle said...

I'm back again, forgot to say thank you so much for sharing this beautiful creation with us at Allsorts challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

My Paper Epiphany said...

Beautiful card which is sure to be loved! Sorry to hear about your hand. I hope it heals soon. I have had less computer time too because of my shoulder.
Some good news - I see you've won a prize at Stamplorationsa:)

Irish Cherokee said...

Yipe! Cats can be finicky. Prayers will be sent your way. Love the card and design. Well done.

Love, Hugs and Blessings,
Jim

mamapez5 said...

Plenty of sparkle to celebrate a moment as occasion. I like the tulip stamp.
I hope your hand heals quickly. Kate x

Brenda said...

Ouch Maxine! I hope you are tending them wounds so they don't become infected. Poor kitty, I guess he/she felt trapped and was just trying to get out of your cuff. Then poor you as you got all the backlash! I pray it heals quickly for you, keep antibiotic cream on it.

Your card is fabulous!! How awesome and fun to be able to celebrate 100 years of age with a long standing member of your local Embroiderer's Guild! I love that you made the card big enough for all to sign it. I also love all the sparkle, at 100 she deserves sparkle. A beautiful design, loving those flowers! Hugs, Brenda

NanaConnie said...

Lovely sparkle, Maxine, and the gold is so perfect for a 100th birthday! Thanks so much for playing along with us in our Anything Goes challenge this week at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. Good Luck.
NanaConnie DT

Monica said...

Sending you healing wishes, dear Maxine. Your card is so eyecatching and I am sure the lucky 100 year old will love it.

Take care, my frind,

Monica

Angie said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Get Creative Challenges! Angie-Owner/DT

http://angiescreationsblog.blogspot.com/
http://angiesdigitalstamps.blogspot.com/
http://getcreativechallenges.blogspot.com/
http://simplycreatetoo.blogspot.com/

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

I love all the sparkle on this beauty!

Shelly Schmidt said...

How beautifully done- 100- now that is something to celebrate! Love your beautiful sparkly flower and the red- yes, it pops and is just beautiful!

Arteconpapelmaderaehilos said...

Lovely card. Thanks you for joining with us at Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge. Good luck with your entry
Maritza DT

Carol W said...

WOW Maxine I love all the sparkly accents on this card. It is beautiful.

Vesna M. said...

Beautiful card, love the tulips. Thanks for sharing with us at A Place To Start. Vesna

Myriam said...

Lovely card with lots of glitter.
Thanks for playing with us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Craft Challenge.
I hope to see you next time!
Hugs, Myriam
DT Polkadoodles

creationsnz said...

A fabulous card, love that red peeping through. CarolG