You will see a few of these backgrounds over the next few months - I made two sheets (on A4 sized paper) to start with, then I taught the technique at my card class, and ended up with three more sheets of varying colours...that equals 20 full sized backgrounds sitting in my box. Well there are a few less already, but...
Today's background was one of the originals, and made for my small NZ swap group.
I gave it a light spray with Lindy's Magicals Mica spray, but it did not show up well in the photos
I used a sunflower stamp that was in a magazine freebie set, as was the sentiment, and stamped it onto a snippet of white card.
I watercoloured the image, than added pencil detail to the flower, and mounted it on foam pads for dimension.
A few assorted coloured 'gems', and a simple sentiment stamped in blue ink, then the main panel was layered onto dark blue then the lighter blue base.
A grey image stamped on the inside, and the white panel edged with blue ink,
and it was ready to send...
I am linking this to:
I made my own background